Explorer wont close

oag5846

Windows Vista Home premium Laptop (Dell)

Service Pack 2

After using Laptop when trying to close Explorer page to then turn off Pc I get a message box saying:

Internet Explorer has stop working.

>Check online for a solution

>Close program

If I click Close Program I end up with a blank page: but still would not close to get to the desktop.

On the bottom of the task bar a balloon message say that Internet Explorer was closed to protect your computer(Data Execution Prevention) has closed Internet Explorer.

I have to shut down with the blank page still there. Please help me with this annoying issue.Thanks

Hi oag -

What is the result once you have done a restart - Can you still access the internet, or have you not restarted the unit since this problem started -

Try to log out again (even unplug if required) / restart / Update and run a Quick Scan with Malwarebytes and your A/Virus if you can -

Thank You - :)

Hi oag -

What is the result once you have done a restart - Can you still access the internet, or have you not restarted the unit since this problem started -

Try to log out again (even unplug if required) / restart / Update and run a Quick Scan with Malwarebytes and your A/Virus if you can -

Hi oag -

I had already tried everything that you sugested and still the same problem.thanks

More than likely it is an addon for IE....

First thing I would do is update my computer.... I see you are running SP2. Any reason why you dont have SP3 installed. What version of IE are you using?

Need to update first, you may be surprised how many items get fixed just by updating....

More than likely it is an addon for IE....

First thing I would do is update my computer.... I see you are running SP2. Any reason why you dont have SP3 installed. What version of IE are you using?

Need to update first, you may be surprised how many items get fixed just by updating....

I got the issue fix by reseting Explorer 8; thanks again for all help offered.