1.42 Keeps crashing. assistance?

Hello.

I'm using MBAM version 1.42 to get rid of a annoying virus but it seems to not want to help but instead give me a headache :P. when i run a full scan or a quick scan it goes through but when i try to remove the selected results it crashes it even crashes the dr. watson postmortem debugger when i try updating it crashes as well. I've already tried uninstalling then reinstalling and your cleaning utility it does nothing.

Its basically a scanner that just tells me whats wrong and nothing else. Is there anyway to fix it? thank you.

Basically this is because, when certain kinds of malware have been allowed to infect a system, the malware is then also able to run 'over-privileged code' which enables it to stop anti-malware products from removing it. This is one of the reasons that MBAM also offers a paid version with realtime protection which can stop the system from being infected in the first place. This kind of malware can be removed by special tools which should only be used under expert guidance. So, if you require further help, please read the instructions here and then start a new topic in the Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs forum.

Hi gamerguy2002 -

As well as marktreg stated above , please ensure your version of Malwarebytes has not been corrupted and is current - To do this follow item #7 in the link I have provided below from our FAQ section to Un/re install a new clean version - If you do not have a paid version then ignore any related instructions -

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...ost&p=49525

Thank You - :P

Basically this is because, when certain kinds of malware have been allowed to infect a system, the malware is then also able to run 'over-privileged code' which enables it to stop anti-malware products from removing it. This is one of the reasons that MBAM also offers a paid version with realtime protection which can stop the system from being infected in the first place. This kind of malware can be removed by special tools which should only be used under expert guidance. So, if you require further help, please read the instructions here and then start a new topic in the Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs forum.

Ok so if its getting overwritten like this, is there anyway to block it with the free version?

Otherwise, i guess ill have to use an alternative.

Can you defrag your system?

If it stops and crashes then it's a different issue.

Might want to try defrag any defrag, windows or another light weight defrager.

http://www.auslogics.com/en/software/disk-defrag/download

http://www.filehippo.com/download_defraggler/

You may also want to run a temp file cleaner-

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

Just run the file cleaner with Ccleaner, not the registry cleaner.

Anyway, if these programs crash then possibly updating your drivers will fix the problem. It did for me.

Update from windows update or use 'device manager'.

Right click 'My Computer'

choose 'Properties' then the 'Hardware' tab

click 'Device Manager'

right click 'IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers' and select 'update drivers'

if asked let it search windows update for a driver

You can do the same with the rest of the list of devices

but those updates could cause problems, especiallt 'video adapter'

which can be fixed by going into safe mode and 'rollback driver'

safe mode if you can't get it to start normally

all that if defrag hangs as like as malwarebytes

if not, ignore this post

Can you defrag your system?

If it stops and crashes then it's a different issue.

Might want to try defrag any defrag, windows or another light weight defrager.

http://www.auslogics.com/en/software/disk-defrag/download

http://www.filehippo.com/download_defraggler/

You may also want to run a temp file cleaner-

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

Just run the file cleaner with Ccleaner, not the registry cleaner.

Anyway, if these programs crash then possibly updating your drivers will fix the problem. It did for me.

Update from windows update or use 'device manager'.

Right click 'My Computer'

choose 'Properties' then the 'Hardware' tab

click 'Device Manager'

right click 'IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers' and select 'update drivers'

if asked let it search windows update for a driver

You can do the same with the rest of the list of devices

but those updates could cause problems, especiallt 'video adapter'

which can be fixed by going into safe mode and 'rollback driver'

safe mode if you can't get it to start normally

all that if defrag hangs as like as malwarebytes

if not, ignore this post

Ive already tried CCleaner and cleanup! but i didnt try defragging my HDD(s) i guess ill try today.

• Root Admin

Hello , and welcome to Malwarebytes.org

We don't work on Malware removal in the general forums. Please follow the directions below and someone will assist you.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someon has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

Thank you for replying again -

Have you done the clean Un/re install mentioned above in item #7 of our FAQ at the link given above (post #3) ??- It will not overwrite it - It will install a clean/new version - If you have done this then there may be other (non malware related) problems with our program and your system -

That is why AdvancedSetup and marktreg have both given you the option of getting one of our experts to review your system and help you for free with any other internal problems you may be experiencing - This will go beyond just a "bug" removal -

Note that cmpm is a recent member and may not fully understand the way we must work here -

Thank you - :)

EDIT -

Sorry cmpm but in this case our system must be followed to ensure any wrong information is not given -

gamerguy2002, you will not be able to fix Malwarebytes because it's not Malwarebytes that is broken. Basically, the malware has 'broken' your operating system in a way that is preventing Malwarebytes from removing it. The only way anyone on this forum is allowed to give you further help is if you follow the instructions that AdvancedSetup had already given you.