Froze after update to3385

I have a paid version of malwarebytes on my netbook, along with avast. Have been using together for many months, never any problems. Last time I used the the netbook, there was no problem. Since i do not use it that often, whenever I turn it on, I check for updates for the database with malwarebytes, rather than waiting till it updates on its own. I have always done it this way with no problems. Today when I turned on computer after everything loaded, i ran update for MB. Afterwards I got the box saying "The database was successfully updated from version 3375 to version 3385". When i click on OK nothing happens, also cannot close anything by clicking on the X. The computer seems to be frozen up after this update. I use windows xp sevice pack 3. Any ideas of what i should try? Or just shut off and reboot to see if it self corrects?

When i shut off and brought back up, there was a message that said "MBAMEservice terminated unexpectedly see event log for details." The MB icon was no longer in the tray or desktop, so I had to go to all programs to open it. The event log is as follows

09:38:26 Tom MESSAGE Protection started successfully

09:38:36 Tom MESSAGE IP Protection started successfully

09:50:14 Tom MESSAGE IP Protection stopped

10:10:08 (null) ERROR zlib:ecompress failed with error code 5

10:10:08 (null) MESSAGE Protection stopped

I have a paid version of malwarebytes on my netbook, along with avast. Have been using together for many months, never any problems. Last time I used the the netbook, there was no problem. Since i do not use it that often, whenever I turn it on, I check for updates for the database with malwarebytes, rather than waiting till it updates on its own. I have always done it this way with no problems. Today when I turned on computer after everything loaded, i ran update for MB. Afterwards I got the box saying "The database was successfully updated from version 3375 to version 3385". When i click on OK nothing happens, also cannot close anything by clicking on the X. The computer seems to be frozen up after this update. I use windows xp sevice pack 3. Any ideas of what i should try? Or just shut off and reboot to see if it self corrects?

I have about 400 "pro" installs and had many experience the same thing if the protection was running at the time of the update to 3385. On my personal PC, upon restart, mbamservice could not start. Manually updated to 3386, and manually restarted mbamservice after restart.

Not sure what to do about the other 399 client pcs.

• Root Admin
I have about 400 "pro" installs and had many experience the same thing if the protection was running at the time of the update to 3385. On my personal PC, upon restart, mbamservice could not start. Manually updated to 3386, and manually restarted mbamservice after restart.

Not sure what to do about the other 399 client pcs.

Please send an email to corporate@malwarebytes.org and we'll assist you with this.

If you do not hear back quickly then send me a private message with your contact information.