Small bug (Mbam v1.42)?

Hello everybody, this is my first 'appearance' in your forum :)

I ran a full scan. Mbam identified 3 bad items and displayed them on the screen for me to decide what to do with them.

I ticked the first 2 and pressed the button for them to be taken to the quarantine. That was done ok but immediately afterwards the text report was displayed and the screen, where the 3rd item should still be on, disappeared. I wanted to add the 3rd item to the ignore list but I was not given the chance!...

Now I will have to run the scan again to locate the 3rd item and treat it the way I want... :)

As a side comment/problem...

Being the first time I post, I was looking for the 'New Post' button everywhere on the opening page that lists all the postings. I couldn't find it anywhere.

When I opened an existing posting, I could see 'Reply' and 'New Post' buttons on the top right. The 'New Post' button is in the wrong place, it should have been on the first page. If it is also next to the 'Reply' (within the messages) that's ok but the user should not have to open just any posting purely to find the 'New Post' button... Unless I am missing something...

I look forward to your comments :)

You need to use NEWTOPIC over on the top right to do what you need.

Thanks YoKenny1

I could see it just after I posted. I don't know why it did not show at first. I'm sure I looked everywhere, especially near the top.

In fact I was looking for an 'Edit' key to edit my original post when you posted. Thanks

Any comments on the apparent bug (which is the main issue of my message) ?

Now I will have to run the scan again to locate the 3rd item and treat it the way I want... :)

Yes a 5 minute quick scan will be awful for you :)

As a side comment/problem...

Being the first time I post, I was looking for the 'New Post' button everywhere on the opening page that lists all the postings. I couldn't find it anywhere.

I had a closer look at this myself, and I agree with you, it's difficult to see.

"NEWTOPIC" should be moved to the left (plus that single word should be spaced as "New Topic", to keep in line with English :) )

And "Pages" box button should be moved to the right.

I hope the forum developers see this issue as well, and re-arrange these things, plus use English, instead of some made up word :)

Heheheheheeh, "you have to think in russian!!" =) Great movie!!

LOL, you are the first to ask me that question.

I have been using the name of Firefox since about 1982, well before firefox browser came about. I got the idea shortly after watching the movie with Clint Eastwood (Firefox), and it stuck with me. :)

Back to the original problem of managing the reported bad items...

I did a re-scan and sure the 3rd item came up. I ticked it (it was ticked) and pressed the ignore button.

A message came up saying no items were selected. But the item was 'ticked'!...

I figured that I'd have to ALSO click on it to highlight it and pressed 'Ignore'

The item disappeared.

I clicked on the Ignore List tab. Nothing in it

Then everything on the Mbam window froze except 'Exit'. After pressing 'Exit' a message: 'Are you sure you want to exit Mbam?'

(This message is totally uncalled for especially with nothing showing on the results...)

After exiting and getting in again, a click on the 'Ignore List' tab showed that the item was indeed in the list. Sigh!...

I'd urge the good Mbam people to rethink and redesign the scan results management functionality / UI

What simpler than:

Show results with the following buttons in a row at the bottom:

Select all=Place 'ticks' on all entries

De-select all=Remove all 'ticks'

Move to Ignore List = Take ticked items off the results, move them to the Ignore list and allow user to SEE them on the ignore tab and COME BACK to the Results again

Move to Quarantine = Take ticked items off the results and move them to Quarantine. Allow user to SEE them in quarantine and return to the results

Delete=Delete ticked items, confirm deletion and take them off results

Ignore this time=Just take ticked items off the results

Exit=Only ask for confirmation if there are still items on the results screen. If user exits, treat remaining items as 'Ignore this time'

Please make a distinction between 'Ignore' and 'Move to Ignore List'. 'Ignore' on its own should mean 'Ignore this time', ie just take it off the results screen and STAY on the results screen.

Knowing of the fantastic things you do with the Mbam code, this should be kid's stuff for you and give the product the tidy and professional UI/functionality it deserves.

All the above trying to be helpful and in full appreciation of the excellent work you are doing

Best wishes

:)