bing google

hello2007

Scroogle scroogle :)

http://www.scroogle.org/scrapen8.html

See post by Exile with information on this:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...st&p=116077

ok this is alittle confusing. Say i wanted to use bing or scroogle for that matter because of the privacy matters. Would i have to change my default search engine from options as scroogle or bing or will just going to scroogle.com or bing.com but enough?

Going to the site and using its search engine instead would be enough, you don't have to change default search providers (I have simply for convenience so I don't have to visit Scroogle each time I wish to search).

@ hello2007

Just bookmark/save to favorites Scroogle/Bing or whatever you'd like to use so that you can get to them easily. I think with both IE and Firefox now, you can make little easy to press bookmarks at the top (just under the address bar field area) (I can give you a screen shot if you need one later on). I use them and they are very handy. Or you can just put them in your regular bookmarks/favorites list :)

Going to the site and using its search engine instead would be enough, you don't have to change default search providers (I have simply for convenience so I don't have to visit Scroogle each time I wish to search).

oh really thats cool, so i can change my default search engine to say ixquick and use google.com to search for stuff and there won't be any privacy issues?

i see exile, that kinda sucks since google.com has so many features compared to other search engines

So what in the world is the default search option for in web browsers then under options? If i put scroogle as my default search through options but use google.com to search then as you said im still using google so ill be using it by their terms. So whats the point of the default search through options that every web browser has?

The point of the default search option is for convenience so a user can use the search engine they like. If you set Scroogle as your default and search through it you won't be tracked by Google's servers, but if you use Google at all directly it will link each search you make and each link in the results you click on to your IP.

@ catscomputer

Welcome :) I admit I still usually use Google, and have only used Scroogle for certain things.

I should just switch over entirely though. Hard habit to break I guess, I've used Google forever. Before that I often used Yahoo or Dogpile, and sometimes Msn's regular search engine.

I definitely have it bookmarked though!

Might have a hard time getting other half to change from Google to Scroogle though :)

@Mountaintree

Dogpile?!! Bizarre name! (Mind you Google and Scroogle are weird-ass names too).

@hello2007

I've never heard of ixquick. I'll look into it. Thanks :)

(I think I need new keyboard batteries. Have edited typos repeatedly tonight! Either that or my brain and fingers are no longer talking to eachother)

@ catscomputer

Yeah, Dogpile.com used to be a search engine I'd use quite a bit. I haven't used it in ages though, I should check and see if it still exists :)

If I am remembering correctly, it pulls results from several different search engines. Or maybe I am thinking of a different engine :)