error code 732 (12002, 0)

Did you do the full uninstall / reinstall as per the section in FAQ section yet -??
I couldn't find anything about un/reinstall in the FAQ's... So, I used the Revo Uninstaller, and I clicked on the Advanced radio button and then restated and then used the MBAM installer to install it. I found this thread on this forum...
This is the routine you may have seen it from. DO NOT use it normally. If MBAM is working fine and you have mbam-clean just delete it.

Please try this on the computer that is having an issue.

1. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.

2. Restart your computer (very important).

3. Download and run this utility. mbam-clean.exe

4. It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).

5. After the computer restarts, install the latest version from here. mbam-setup.exe

So, do you think that I should use mbam-clean, just like AdvancedSetup was talking about?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Internet Explorer connect to the internet? You can verify by opening it and going to www.malwarebytes.org. Firefox, Opera, Chrome etc are irrelevant as Malwarebytes' uses the same settings to connect to the internet as Internet Explorer.

If IE does connect then it could simply be an issue with Malwarebytes' timing out due to your connection speed.

Hi Rhineus -

How long can you stay connected to the internet with your provider - (You must have Call Waiting turned off also) -

Some providers will time out after 5-10 mins even if you have not completed your download -

My research is still showing an internet "time out" problem but I am still looking -

EDIT -

Are you on a "community" phone switch board where others may cut over your line ?? ;)

and is your connection always 'steady' ?? My ISP has been having a few problems lately and I have been cut off during some downloads -

I must ask the above to continue looking further at it - Sorry to be a pain -

Thank you - ;)

Answer:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Rhineus

This is another quote from another site (not M/soft) that is a software developer -

Error 12002 means that you got a timeout somehow.

Probably you have a firewall/proxy server installed that is blocking the file download. Remove/disable those and you should be ok.

Check if you have the following firewall: Agnitum Outpost firewall or Norton Internet Security. Shutdown those applications please before you install the extension - ie before starting DW after you installated the extension with Extension Manager, because when you start DW the second part of the extension installation will run.

Well, I did what GT500 said in the last post but that didn't help, shows the same error...

Hi Rhineus -

How long can you stay connected to the internet with your provider - (You must have Call Waiting turned off also) -

Some providers will time out after 5-10 mins even if you have not completed your download -

My research is still showing an internet "time out" problem but I am still looking -

EDIT -

Are you on a "community" phone switch board where others may cut over your line ?? ;)

and is your connection always 'steady' ?? My ISP has been having a few problems lately and I have been cut off during some downloads -

I must ask the above to continue looking further at it - Sorry to be a pain -

Thank you - ;)

I can stay online, all day if I want cause I download clips off of youtube, so the net don't time out... No, I'm not on a community phone line and no, the connection on not steady... dial-up is not reliable.

I'm just as dumbfounded as you are ;)

Did you get a new version of MBAM in your D/load ?? ;) - I forget what todays is exactly -

But if you got the program loaded it will be the latest - If it is not "steady" it may be getting the dropouts we have mentioned -

Yes, it is version 1.42... But getting dropouts every time I try to download MBAM updates.

Yes, it is version 1.42... But getting dropouts every time I try to download MBAM updates.

The dropouts are the ("12002") message ;) - Your connection is not stable enough to maintain a long download session -

Your Youtube sessions will also be slower as they will drop bits , even though you seem to be there -

It is always a problem on dialup when this occurs - ;)

You can try at "slow times" (out of main times) when you may get a more stable connection-

Sorry but I think you have solved it as far as you can go at the moment ;) -

Thanks for all the work and I hope you keep trying :D We will -

EDIT -

I will still look at it but I think I cannot get much further if you are getting these dropouts -

You mentioned you have Avira's Anti-Vir. Is it the version that comes with a firewall? If so, can you add the following file to the exclusions/allowed/etc. list?

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

I don't exactly know where the exclusions/allowed list even is... I'll get back when I do

Yes, that is almost to date but I really would like to update it regularly but I don't know what to do next...

Continue with what we were doing (exclude Avira and hit the update again) - It is getting closer each time -

On your setup I guess it would take about ?? 3-5 mins ??at least to update(at a guess) - On broadband it takes from 10-20 seconds to update -

That can be one of the reason for the timeouts/dropouts - Too long a download without any break -

Call back again as we are still looking at simpler ways to update and stay fully online -

Thank you ;)