Win7 Issues

Hi guys,

Just like to say that I'm suitably impressed with the MalwareBytes App. I've used this in Vista always, and I find it a top priority

for my system. Never experienced any probs with Vista64. But now I have Win7 Ultimate64 and just done a 2nd install of this OS.

Both installs (all up to date) and Malwarebytes which would normally take 80-120 secs for first initial scan - immediatetly right after

the first MS updates, and this is on 2 installations of Win7. The scan I am doing at this monent, had now been running for 20 mins,

and become so unresponsive, that I have to use TaskManager to terminate the process.

Also, whilst scanning, it's using up a hell of a lot of CPU Power. Something this didn't do on Vista64. It's like the scan is freezing, and

even lagging really bad. Have installed on Compatable Mode and installed straight from DL. No solutions to the problem.

Summary of System specs:

ASUS Commando

Q6600 at 3.60GHz

4x 1GB Corsair Dominator

8800GTX

500GB WD HDD (Bought today) NOTE:2 HDD's so far and same problems

One CPU will be at 100%, and the others will be variant thru out the scan, but not as high.

Sometimes the 100% on CPU0 will change to CPU1.

23 mins now, and 17210 files scanned. Doesn't make sense.

PhuxAche....

You should also exclude the following files, folders and processes from your antivirus:

For Windows Vista or Windows 7:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

For 64 bit versions of Windows Vista or Windows 7:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\SysWoW64\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude them from it as well

Often an antivirus can cause such issues with Malwarebytes', but more often than not excluding Malwarebytes' files from the AV solves the problem.

Welcome PhuxAche -

The item listed at # 7 in this link is your best quick fix - :( Please follow this first and post back if you have further problems -

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...ost&p=49525

Thank you ;)

EDIT - A quick scan should only take less than 10 mins depending on your system -

Thanks for posting. I'll read that tomo. I'd also like to say that I had NO AntiVirus installed at all during this MB scan. And only Win7 Firewall.

• 2 weeks later...