Summer 2024

NewTricks

Interesting to see that American metrication article @AdvancedSetup

I think we can all agree that with diferent 'things that can be measured'* involved, and their derivatives, any such change has to happen over time.
By contrast coinage/money in general is relatively easy, it's just one thing.

*I also find it interesting that we don't seem to have one word that covers 'things that can be measured' without being ambiguous.
ie, There seems to be no single collective word that encompasses all of  Length, Mass, Temperature, Time, Electric Current, Luminous Intensity,and  Amount of Substance.
Never mind including the derivatives, volume, area, density, speed, etc. as well.

Edited by nukecad

3 hours ago, nukecad said:

There seems to be no single collective word that encompasses all of  Length, Mass, Temperature, Time, Electric Current, Luminous Intensity,and  Amount of Substance.

Never mind including the derivatives, volume, area, density, speed, etc. as well.

Quanification - Is the expression or a measurement of the quantity of something.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantification_(science)

The first thing I thought about were tips. Being prompt, polite and quick is a winning combination. 

I watch a lot of BBC offerings, so I  know what terraced houses are. You're so right about a bunch of kids collecting money in the dark morning hours. When elders talk about the "good old days", indeed parts were. 

Posted (edited)

@David H. Lipman I'm amazed at the Harriet Tubman set. Looks like there's another universe there with good historical choices. 

When I receive my next inheritance, I might buy a starter proof set.

Yes, the distance from the scanner bed through the plastic is not optimal, but still captures the essence. 

Thanks for whetting the appetite. 

Edited by NewTricks
typo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

David's starting a new farm for those in need

Darn it all. I missed the joke because the video is removed. 😬 

By the way, I've never had anything alcoholic except champagne. And that was only once. 

Not for me. The file is grayed out with the file name. Clicking on it:

"This attachment is not available. It may have been removed or the person who shared it may not have permission to share it to this location."

10 minutes ago, NewTricks said:

Not for me. The file is grayed out with the file name. Clicking on it:

"This attachment is not available. It may have been removed or the person who shared it may not have permission to share it to this location."

@nukecad  Do you also have that issue?

Edited by David H. Lipman
Edited for content, clarity, spelling and/or grammar

When I use Firefox and I am logged-in I see the video in-line.

When I use MS Edge and I am logged-in I see it as an attachment which I can download and view.  In my case VLC Player.
When I logout, I see it as an attachment which is then labeled as Unavailable.

MS Edge and I am logged-in

Image.thumb.jpg.fb1664cde2abe5968bc7924bea4e1d6a.jpg

Never seen what?
A young Eastern Whitetail Deer buck with velvet?

I'll never forget the evening (after dark) I was riding my bike at Sandy Hook National Park and  in my headlight was the biggest buck with the most antlers I had ever seen.  Not only was it very tall at the shoulder it was silver backed.

15 minutes ago, NewTricks said:

... not the Chromebook

Junk !

40 minutes ago, David H. Lipman said:

@nukecad  Do you also have that issue?

You seem to have nailed it anyway, Chromebook issues, but I have no problem playing the video in my Firefox.

• Thanks 1

• Root Admin

I seriously doubt a Chromebook has anywhere near the same amount of CODECS installed as Windows 10 or 11 - but that is just a guess on my part. One could probably find and install the right one for Chromebook

8 hours ago, David H. Lipman said:

Junk !

Agreed. 🤣 

I am now learning what everyone else knows here. Try something else.

I figured it out all by my lonesome. And it didn't take hours or days. I didn't have to ask. I just thought "what the...." fill in any word you want.

Then seconds later, Eureka! Move to that fantastic DELL which is recently BIOS updated and voila! SUCCESS. 💥

The thrill of coming across a huge antler topped buck at NIGHT, WOOOOO

• Like 1