Blocking local html file

Go to solution Solved by eyewars,

image.png.27231ad7716d98e91744f0325e8a04f5.png

It's not blocking all html files, but it is blocking that one. It's a tiny personal project, I know it's safe. Clicking "do not block this site again" and "continue to this website" does not work. It just sends me to "undefined". It also doesn't work to add the link to the allow list (it just removes it instantly). The only way (as far as I know) to get the file to load is to disable the addon, but this is a site I'd visit often, so I'd have to keep it permanently off. How can I add it as an exception??

image.png.d22131e5abde75e92a0039fb7fae5603.pngimage.png.86dcba24d47a2bd569829a18e9cf4cc5.png

That's a very annoying work-around. Since firefox is my main browser, that's the one the file is opened in automatically. So I'd have to go through a few extra steps just to open the site. Also, what if it happens in the future with more local files? Is there really no other way to allow it? Like some other URL other than the file link?

4 minutes ago, eyewars said:

Is there really no other way to allow it?

Not as far as I know.

6 minutes ago, eyewars said:

Like some other URL other than the file link?

If the site is live and has a web URL, it can be whitelisted on Malwarebytes end.

35 minutes ago, eyewars said:

It's not blocking all html files, but it is blocking that one. It's a tiny personal project, I know it's safe. Clicking "do not block this site again" and "continue to this website" does not work. It just sends me to "undefined". It also doesn't work to add the link to the allow list (it just removes it instantly). The only way (as far as I know) to get the file to load is to disable the addon, but this is a site I'd visit often, so I'd have to keep it permanently off. How can I add it as an exception??

Is the HTML performing a HTTP POST ?

• Solution
4 minutes ago, David H. Lipman said:

Is the HTML performing a HTTP POST ?

As I was writing the response, I actually figured out how to fix it!

Apparantly, it only detects it as a phishing site when the title tag is set to the default "document". When I changed it to something else, it no longer gets blocked. I assume that's a bug in the addon?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, ceckelberry said:

Thanks for pointing this out. It is a bug and we will look into it.

If you can share a few more details that would be great :)

1. The whole blocked file path (file:///...)

2. The code you are using to download the file or link to it?

1. file:///D:/incremental%20games/Goalvor/index.html

2. It's just a tiny program I made in like an hour, nothing special in it.

• Thanks 1