Temporaily disable

Go to solution Solved by spedprof,

Hello @spedprof and welcome back:

In the Mac's display, goto the Menu Bar icon for Malwarebytes for Mac and while selected, click “Stop Malware Protection”. Repeat for “Stop App Block”.

Please remember to go back and “Start” both when the issue with Mac Cloud Backup is finished.

HTH

Thanks for the quick reply? But when I click on the Malwarebytes in the Menu Bar and look around, I can Quit Malwarebytes, I can Hide Malwarebytes and I can Uninstall Malwarebytes, but do not see "Stop Malwarebytes" . What am i missing? Sorry!!

Hello @spedprof:

If the Malwarebytes for Mac menu icon pull-down menu does not look like the attached, please specify what version of MBAM is installed on that Apple device in question?

Thank you.

MB5 Menu.png

• Staff

This is what 1PW is referring to:

image.png.ce3fcf4463bc27fcef9f05316ce8eb20.png

It should be over on the right side of your menu bar somewhere, with the other menu bar icons, unless you've turned that off in the app.

Note that I do not expect stopping either Malware Protection or App Block to make any difference for a cloud backup. The advice you've gotten to stop any antivirus is fairly outdated "blame the antivirus for everything" advice. However, once you've done this and tested, and can verify that doesn't make a difference, hopefully it will help you get past this point with the support folks you're working with on the cloud backups, and closer to a real solution.

If you find that it actually does make a difference, let us know.