Blocking US Mil domain

Go to solution Solved by BjelakovicL,

Hello, two issues:

1. The domain

usaf.dps.mil

is being blocked. It's a valid US Air Force domain.

2. I have whitelisted the domain but it's still being blocked. I'm seeing lots of issues in the forum over the years for whitelisted domains still being blocked, but no real solution. Whitelisting the domain isn't a solution for this bug. I just usually end up disabling web protection (as I'm doing in this case until issue 1 above is fixed), but that puts me at more risk. Please fix this, or provide details on why this domain is being blocked when it's in the allow list.

image.png.55bdb8ecdd92e13234f143457d2f7ac1.png

image.png.b4476db8f52626f6f8b5edc698aa170d.png

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

@elBradford While waiting for staff, try adding the following to your allow list.

https://login.microsoftonline.us

Hi @Porthos, that seems to have worked... it's the redirect then I guess? Is it a bug in the notification that it keeps saying it's blocking the dps.mil domain when it's really blocking the microsoftonline.us domain?

2 minutes ago, BjelakovicL said:

Hi,

Thanks for reporting. This will be fixed in the next database update.

Thanks for quickly responding and resolving this domain.

Could you address my second point in the OP? I believe this behaviour of exceptions NOT working (maybe due to redirects) as expected has only happened for me in the last year. Is there any way I could have known it was actually blocking the second domain that @Porthos brought up?

51 minutes ago, elBradford said:

I'm seeing lots of issues in the forum over the years for whitelisted domains still being blocked, but no real solution.

You did it correctly by excluding both the IP and the URL most that complain, do not do both.

This was an unusual block with the redirect.