Trojan:Win32/Casdet!rfn

Go to solution Solved by MKDB,

I was on my pc when I saw windows defender had found a threat. What I saw is in the image below. Before I could do something, it reverted to normal. I booted up safe mode and ran a scan on malwarebytes. Nothing. Windows security came up like the second picture, and when I eventually got up the scanning section using the search bar, no progress was made at all. I am using my phone for this at the moment, as you can tell from the photos.20240407_154108.thumb.jpg.19d0eb8a1a67b41874fa7ef5c0256cab.jpg20240407_154108.thumb.jpg.19d0eb8a1a67b41874fa7ef5c0256cab.jpg

20240407_163316.jpg

Hello @stumpymattycat  and  :welcome:

My name is MKDB and I will assist you.

Let's keep these principles as we proceed. Make sure to read the entire post below first.

• Please follow the steps in the given order and post back the log files.
  • Please attach all log files into your post.
  • Before we start, please make sure that you have an external backup, not connected to this system, of all private data.
  • Only run the tools I guide you to. Please don't run any other scans, download, install or uninstall any programs while I'm working with you.
  • As English is not my native language, please do not use slang or idioms. It may be hard for me to understand.
  • If you do not respond within 4 days, your topic will be closed.
  • Cracked or hacked or pirated programs are not only illegal, but also will make a computer a malware victim. Having such programs installed, is the easiest way to get infected. It is the leading cause of ransomware encryptions. It is at times also a big source of current trojan infections. If you are running any kin of illegal software on your system, please uninstall them now, before we start the cleaning procedure.

• Please download the Malwarebytes Support Tool (MBST).
  • Run MBST and accept license agreement.
  • In the left navigation pane of MBST, click Advanced.
  • In the Advanced Options, click Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your machine.
  • A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your desktop, please upload that file on your next reply.

35 minutes ago, stumpymattycat said:

A: I do not know how to back up my stuff without it being connected.

This means plugging in an external and backing your data up then unplugging the drive.

37 minutes ago, stumpymattycat said:

B: Shall it be in safe mode, or normal mode?

You should do everything in regular mode unless otherwise instructed.

• Thanks 1

@stumpymattycat

Something either blocked the download of FRST (part of the support tool) or you may have some type of issue with your networking setup.

Please manually download and run the tool

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Please rename FRST.EXE or FRST64.EXE to FRSTEnglish.exe image.png.08b987105a3f991c3bd3c5b02d550ebc.png

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your next reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

Thank you

• Like 1

@stumpymattycat

Please follow the instructions given by @Porthos here when you have time for it.

Regarding FRST, which you have already noticed in your download folder... you can just rename the tool as written by Porthos, and run it again.

Usually, there is no need to download it again.

Please note:

Due to different time zones, it may take some hours until you will get an answer from me.

Edited by MKDB

• Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your next reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

Thank you