Recently Mbam detection and how to proceed after that (I need your advices)

Eno-Scott

As I've previously posted some time ago I've recently had on my OS a detection of a possible trojan/malware related to one old software that I have  had on a folder : Heuristic.2051 on combofix.exe asking here it seems that it as been flagged as malware from Mbam due to the use of an old command line and behaviour that the AV detects like appliable to a malicious software (@miekiemoes ),I've done some search online and I've founded some tutorials that explains how to completely remove the traces of that trojan (https://malwaretips.com/blogs/alware-heuristic-2051/#uninstall-windows) so my question is that :

you suggest me simply to remove it from the qurantine (like I've done) and no more think about that or to doing some other checks like that guide that I've found suggests?

Let me know please

• Root Admin

As long as it was from the original vendor link on bleepingcomputer it's safe and just an FP

However it is no longer valid or useful at this time on Windows 10 or 11 and you should just delete the program.

We can scan the system for you with other tools if you like

31 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

As long as it was from the original vendor link on bleepingcomputer it's safe and just an FP

However it is no longer valid or useful at this time on Windows 10 or 11 and you should just delete the program.

We can scan the system for you with other tools if you like

I don't know that,it was in a folder of a well known script that I've downloaded from the official creator links.

It could be useful (I'd like to learn more about how to be sure,or maybe as sure as possible of have removed all possible traces from my PC of a  possible infection )

20 minutes ago, Eno-Scott said:

don't know that,it was in a folder of a well known script that I've downloaded from the official creator links.

I advised you to remove Tron and never use it again for your own safety.

• Like 1

• Root Admin

That's up to you how you use it or what you do with it.

More than one security expert has told you to remove and not use. I'm going to close this topic too as it has no on going value for anyone.

Combofix has not been updated in years
Tron script has issues that can possibly cause more damage

It literally takes less than 30 minutes to do a clean install of Windows if your computer is that broken that a couple of normal AV scans cannot fix.

• Like 1