Hello!
I just got an annoying popup (Antivirus warning via Microsoft Edge) down at the right corner, it has a old Windows logo and say it is a Webadviser and sometimes that Windows Defender have found 5 viruses. I have scanned with Windows and Malewarebytes, but no virus is found. 1 PUP is detected, but no threats or PUMs. I don`t know what that is, but it doesn't sound very scary. I guess it might be though if I am lured into serious hackers. The popup is marked anob.co.in as a file or web address. They tell that my system is infected and tell me to take the virus away by hitting a button. I have not had an attack for some time, so it might be relevant what I did before this happened. The unusual things was a remark about Putin at Facebook. I wrote about what I believe to be his responsibility for the disaster in Tjornobyl. Short after I got positive feedback on a friend request on FB, I can`t remember having made. 

@df10

Please do the following so that we may take a closer look at your system.

Do these 2 steps FIRST so that files and folders are set to SHOW, plus also, Turn OFF Windows Fast Start.

Show-Hidden-Folders-Files-Extensions
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/299345-show-hidden-folders-files-extensions/

Disable-Fast-Startup
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/299350-disable-fast-startup/

Then please restart the computer and then do the following.

WARNING: Do Not click the Repair option under Advanced unless requested by a Malwarebytes support agent or authorized helper

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained are safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • In your Downloads folder, open the mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe file
  • In the User Account Control pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation
  • Run the MBST Support Tool. The tool also downloads and runs a file called FRSTEnglish. Please allow it to run.
  • In the left navigation pane of the Malwarebytes Support Tool, click Advanced
  • In the Advanced Options, click Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your machine 

image.png.79d4442a821713608fa60808a98c2e69.png 

image.png.98d86a6c3017d2bbba48877ea4f6ba45.png

• A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to the Desktop or on the hidden Public desktop (usually C:\Users\Public\Desktop), please upload that file on your next reply

Thank you

It could be a Push Notifications malvertisment.

Please see if the below Malwarebytes Lab's article on Browser Push Notifications can help.
Look for the section "How do I disable them?"
Browser push notifications: a feature asking to be abused

Google Chrome:
Turn notifications on or off - Google Chrome

Mozilla Firefox:
Web Push notifications in Firefox

Microsoft Edge:
Manage website notifications in Microsoft Edge

Apple Safari
Customize website notifications in Safari on Mac

Thank you!

The popups disappeared after I removed the browsers history, but I guess this is more like getting rid of the symptom, than solving the problem. I followed your recommendation. That is, I have not turned off the computer yet. It is late, so I better shut down and continue to morrow. 

mbst-grab-results.zip

There is a class of Malicious Advertisements (aka; malvertisments) that are called FakeAlerts.  They are called that because they alert one to an event that did/does not exist.  Like some form of malware notification.  They can be a web page or they can be pushed through Browser Notifications.  The objective is to goad a victim to call a number or buy some software.

They come from the Internet and don't exist on one's PC.

Edited by David H. Lipman
Edited for content, clarity, spelling and/or grammar