Issue checking for database updates?

drdas
Go to solution Solved by gatortail,

Over the last few days, when I go into the support tab and click on "check for database updates" it briefly shows "checking for database updates" and then rapidly returns to "check for database updates".

If this means that the database is up to date, it is a different functionality than for the other browser guard plug ins, where the box turns grey and says "database is up to date."

I have tried the "factory reset" option, but it did not change the functionality.

I am running on Sonoma 14.0 with browser guard version 2.0.0 on safari.

Hello @drdas:

In this instance, you and I are running the same software. Of course, Apple's restrictions would not permit a similar Malwarebytes Browser Guard (MBG) that compares closely to those for Firefox/Chrome-based browsers.

Be that as it may, the behaviors you described parallel what I see on my laptop. Devs/staffers may have some additional insight.

HTH

Thanks, @gatortail. One more likely unrelated item. Just updated to macOS 14.1 and the App Store indicates browser guard 2.1.0 was installed, but the interface indicates that 2.0.1 is actually the one in use.

Any thoughts on this? I suspect it is just an error in the version number displayed, since I see no evidence of a 2.0.1 ever having been published.

• 2 weeks later...