Windows Close Down to Prevent Damage

Thank you.

Will try with Norton off as suggested and get back in touch.

Cheers.

Haqve just run Full Scan with Norton Int Security turned off.It lasted seven minutes before getting BSOD with the following information:-

34igrao.jpg

Following a further reboot i had a similar screen to the one in my first posting i.e."Checking file system on C :Verifying Files followed by indexes etc.

Sorry to be such a nuisance.

Thanks,

westonmale

Do you have any other real-time security software installed?

Firstly,thanks to all contributors trying to help me.

Norton Internet Security 2010 is my only real time installed security software.

I do sometimes run SuperAntiSpyware which picks up stray bits from time to time.

I wonder whether there is something wrong in the inner workings of my PC but then i cannot really understand why I do not exprience the BSOD other than when I try to run Malwarebytes.

it could be because of the amount of CPU that is being used by MBAM is while scanning and the amount of access to the hard drive while it is searching through the files.

Are there other programs on you computer that use high CPU usage also that you can test with, but to try and get down to the issue we would like you to run some of the test we suggested like memtest for example.

Hi, I had a the same problem a few weeks ago and I found it was a file in my Windows folder was causing it. The file was "DUMP5bbc.tmp. When i deleted this the problem went away. I had to delete it in safe mode. You can try looking for a file similar to this. Hope yoou get it solved.

I would try a full chkdsk including surface scan on all your hard drives and then try another full scan with Malwarebytes.

Thanks to all contributors for sticking with me on this problem

I have now ran a full chkdsk which took a little over 3 hour including 75 minutes on verifying file data and 100 minutes on verifying free space. In the process,I noticed a number of items where" Windows was replacing bad clusters" and I could reproduce the data here if it will help including being of assistance to others who may experience similar difficulties in the future.

Following the chkdsk, I tried scanniing my system again.An initial Quick Scan completed in 12 minutes with no malicious objects being recorded.I then immediately tried a Full Scan only to get another BSOD ( Kernel_Data etc.) after just 6 minutes.

Following suggestions made above,I believe I should next try out a SURFACE SCAN followed by a MEMORY TEST .Unfortunately I am not familiar with either and would appreciate a few words on what steps are involved please.

Best wishes,

westonmale

where" Windows was replacing bad clusters"

Well Westonmale, if you got this errors while doing you chkdsk, then your hard drive has bad clusters, and they will eventually spread and corrupt your data, sounds like you are going to have to replace that hard drive. It this was my computer, I would replace that hard drive Yesterday!.

Well Westonmale, if you got this errors while doing you chkdsk, then your hard drive has bad clusters, and they will eventually spread and corrupt your data, sounds like you are going to have to replace that hard drive. It this was my computer, I would replace that hard drive Yesterday!.

Thanks for getting back.

I shall be following your advice in the near future but wonder whether it is a good or bad idea to make an Acronis True Image of my entire system seeing the apparnt mess it is currently in.

May I ask you what you would do in similar circumstances please?

Best wishes,

westonmale