Why does browser guard say I don't have MB Premium?

BillH99999
Go to solution Solved by BillH99999,

@BillH99999

Please do the following so that we may take a closer look at your system.

Please restart the computer and do the following.

WARNING: Do Not click the Repair option under Advanced unless requested by a Malwarebytes support agent or authorized helper

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained are safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • In your Downloads folder, open the mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe file
  • In the User Account Control pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation
  • Run the MBST Support Tool
  • In the left navigation pane of the Malwarebytes Support Tool, click Advanced
  • In the Advanced Options, click Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your machine
  • A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to the Public desktop (usually C:\Users\Public\Desktop), please upload that file on your next reply

Thank you

@BillH99999 Uninstall Browser Guard from all of your browsers and restart the browsers but do not reinstall it yet.

Next,

Let's use the same support tool and do a clean uninstall and reinstall.

Please close all browsers and programs before running the tool.

If you have enabled the optional tamper protection, please TURN IT OFF. You do...

Note: If you forget your Tamper Protection password, it can be reset using your license key, or the key portion of your license, if your license is in the older ID and Key format. In the Tamper Protection window, click Reset password, then enter your license key (capitalized and including dashes) to set a new password. 

image.png.67c87538234accdd159f22c5bd843cb8.png

Let the tool reinstall Malwarebytes and Browser guard if it asks.

Restart the computer.

Just curious.  Why do we need to do this?  MB seems to be working just fine? 

It is only in Chrome that I see this oddity with MBG.  It looks fine in Firefox and Edge.

I hate to have to remove and reinstall MB if I don't really need to as then I have to redo all my settings, schedules, etc.  

Was there something in the logs that indicated some kind of problem in MB?

Bill

28 minutes ago, BillH99999 said:

Just curious.  Why do we need to do this?

Getting a fresh start on both Browser Guard and Malwarebytes.

It can be one of your extensions conflicting. Could be anything. Thus getting a fresh start.

The highlighted ones I can say for sure are not an issue because I use them.

Chrome:
=======
CHR Profile: C:\Users\wrhen\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default [2023-09-10]
CHR DownloadDir: D:\Downloads
CHR Notifications: Default -> hxxps://app.gotowebinar.com; hxxps://calendar.google.com; hxxps://chatsupport.apple.com; hxxps://direct.chownow.com; hxxps://recorder.easeus.com; hxxps://tasks.toodledo.com; hxxps://www.rememberthemilk.com; hxxps://www.toodledo.com
CHR HomePage: Default -> hxxps://www.google.com/?gfe_rd=cr&gws_rd=cr
CHR StartupUrls: Default -> "hxxps://www.google.com/"
CHR NewTab: Default ->  Active:"chrome-extension://icpgjfneehieebagbmdbhnlpiopdcmna/main.html"
CHR DefaultSearchURL: Default -> hxxps://www.google.com/search?q={searchTerms}&pws=0&gl=us&gws_rd=cr
CHR DefaultSearchKeyword: Default -> google ncr_
CHR Session Restore: Default -> is enabled.
CHR Extension: (Google Translate) - C:\Users\wrhen\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\aapbdbdomjkkjkaonfhkkikfgjllcleb [2023-03-22]
CHR Extension: (Disable HTML5 Autoplay (Reloaded)) - C:\Users\wrhen\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\cafckninonjkogajnihihlnnimmkndgf [2023-08-05]
CHR Extension: (Expedia Member Only Deals) - C:\Users\wrhen\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\cfbpcgmafclgfmpoelldpmiolgblgbel [2019-05-27]
CHR Extension: (uBlock Origin) - C:\Users\wrhen\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm [2023-07-23]
CHR Extension: (Eno® from Capital One®) - C:\Users\wrhen\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\clmkdohmabikagpnhjmgacbclihgmdje [2023-08-10]
CHR Extension: (Logitech Smooth Scrolling) - C:\Users\wrhen\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\dkpejdfnpdkhifgbancbammdijojoffk [2020-12-17]
CHR Extension: (Don't add custom search engines) - C:\Users\wrhen\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\dnodlcololidkjgbpeoleabmkocdhacc [2020-08-12]
CHR Extension: (AutoplayStopper) - C:\Users\wrhen\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\ejddcgojdblidajhngkogefpkknnebdh [2023-09-10]
CHR Extension: (Google Analytics Opt-out Add-on (by Google)) - C:\Users\wrhen\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\fllaojicojecljbmefodhfapmkghcbnh [2022-09-25]
CHR Extension: (HTTPS Everywhere) - C:\Users\wrhen\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\gcbommkclmclpchllfjekcdonpmejbdp [2022-05-25]
CHR Extension: (Download Plus) - C:\Users\wrhen\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\gokgophibdidjjpildcdbfpmcahilaaf [2022-05-01]
CHR Extension: (New Tab Redirect) - C:\Users\wrhen\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\icpgjfneehieebagbmdbhnlpiopdcmna [2019-07-07]
CHR Extension: (Malwarebytes Browser Guard) - C:\Users\wrhen\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\ihcjicgdanjaechkgeegckofjjedodee [2023-09-05]
CHR Extension: (Open in Firefox) - C:\Users\wrhen\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\lmeddoobegbaiopohmpmmobpnpjifpii [2023-03-05]
CHR Extension: (Take Webpage Screenshots Entirely - FireShot) - C:\Users\wrhen\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\mcbpblocgmgfnpjjppndjkmgjaogfceg [2023-06-06]
CHR Extension: (Open in MS Edge™) - C:\Users\wrhen\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\mjoebkkejejidnkfdekpbooceogbapnf [2023-03-08]
CHR Extension: (Chrome Web Store Payments) - C:\Users\wrhen\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\nmmhkkegccagdldgiimedpiccmgmieda [2021-01-30]
CHR Extension: (RoboForm Password Manager) - C:\Users\wrhen\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\pnlccmojcmeohlpggmfnbbiapkmbliob [2023-08-19]
CHR Profile: C:\Users\wrhen\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\System Profile [2020-11-25]
CHR HKU\S-1-5-21-2993966354-552901107-2049763422-1001\SOFTWARE\Google\Chrome\Extensions\...\Chrome\Extension: [lmjegmlicamnimmfhcmpkclmigmmcbeh]

• Solution

Strange,

I didn't uninstall and reinstall MB Premium.  I went into Chrome to disable all my extensions other than Malwarebytes as a test.  Before I did this I went into MBG and checked and now It is no longer acting as if MB Premium is not installed.  I am able to go into Content Control and Import & Export.  It no longer has a button to Upgrade. 

So for no apparent reason it seems to have corrected itself (Although before getting the logs I did a reboot of my machine and that might have done it.)

Now I'm having a new problem.  If I go into Import & Export and tell it to export everything, I get this error in Chrome and Firefox, but not in Edge.  Any ideas?

Bill

image4.jpg.f5971c339737d5f2aa7a8113c84a5d2f.jpg

Edited by BillH99999