Trusted Advisor in MB v4.6.0 Doesn't Need To Tell Me I'm "Crushing it"

lmacri

I like the new Protection Score graphic in the rebranded Trusted Advisor (previously known as Security Advisor) in MB v4.6.0 but I'm not keen on the headers you're using for the dashboard messages like "Crushing it".  I don't know what other categories you use for lower scores, but it seems a bit unprofessional and makes Trusted Advisor look more like a marketing tool than a security feature. These headers just clutter the dashboard and remind me of the goofy smiley / sad face icons that used to be displayed on the dashboard in older versions of Malwarebytes.

MBv4_6_0MainDashboardCrushingItTrustedAdvisor19Aug2023.png.a8c3e2f858c79d302d036e332f339adb.png

I'm not sure how well slang like "Crushing it" translates for non-English users, and it looks like the Protection Score graphic already tells users if their overall security is Excellent / Fair / Poor, so I'd like to suggest that Malwarebytes completely remove these headers from the dashboard messages.   A Protection Score scale of 0 to 100% and brief explanation (e.g., like the current "You have no items on your checklist") should be sufficient without telling me I'm totally awesome 🙂.
-------------
Dell Inspiron 5584 * 64-bit Win 10 Pro v22H2 build 19045.3324 * Firefox v116.0.3 * Microsoft Defender v4.18.23070.1004-1.1.23070.1005 * Malwarebytes Premium v4.6.0.277-1.0.2114 * Macrium Reflect Free v8.0.7279

Edited by lmacri
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I strongly agree. The language and punctuation is highly unprofessional and annoying; it reads like the sort of overly enthusiastic bombast that some Gen-Z wannabe social media influencer might use in their pleas to get you to like and subscribe their content. Vomit.

Even the language used in the blogpost annoucing the feature makes me cringe. 

"If you're rocking a 100% rating then you know you're crushing it."

Uhh... no.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, canker_bore said:

I strongly agree. The language and punctuation is highly unprofessional and annoying; it reads like the sort of overly enthusiastic bombast that some Gen-Z wannabe social media influencer might use in their pleas to get you to like and subscribe their content. Vomit.

Even the language used in the blogpost annoucing the feature makes me cringe. 

Uhh... no.

Agree 100%. Sounds gimmicky.

• Like 1

• Root Admin

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/dictionary/english/crush-it

image.png

What does "crushing it" mean? Crushing it is a common expression used when someone is doing their job particularly well, or exceeding all of their goals. Unlike the the literal definition of the word “crush” (to destroy with force to the point of injury), “crushing it” has an extremely positive connotation.

• Root Admin

I didn't create it. But I will say the following as it truly applies. Don't forget we have over 150 million users using the product and a small handful of people that provide feedback good or bad.

The following quote is attributed to the poet John Lydgate and later adapted by President Lincoln:

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time”

Regardless of what we use or what we do there will always be someone that does not like it. I've been with the company for over 14 years now and I can attest to that. Even in the early years there was feedback good and bad about what we wrote or used for the panels in the program.

Thank you all though for your feedback as it is appreciated

• Like 1

• Root Admin
13 minutes ago, digmorcrusher said:

Right now I am using the MB5 beta, Malwarebytes would be "crushing " it for me if they could remove the Online Privacy portion of the gui for people who are not using the VPN and have an option for users to remove the Security Advisor portion as well.

Thank you for the feedback. I seriously doubt either will be decoupled from the program, but I suppose if there were thousands of users providing similar feedback that might make them change their mind.

I could possibly see a setting in options to hide certain panels though. That might actually be a good idea for some, but I'm pretty sure there will not be any decoupling of either feature at this time.

Thanks for the feedback on this

9 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Thank you for the feedback. I seriously doubt either will be decoupled from the program, but I suppose if there were thousands of users providing similar feedback that might make them change their mind.

I could possibly see a setting in options to hide certain panels though. That might actually be a good idea for some, but I'm pretty sure there will not be any decoupling of either feature at this time.

Thanks for the feedback on this

I had no expectations that they would change anything I mentioned, just putting in my 2 cents. 😁

Salamat my friend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1