New and have questions

I have use MBAM Free since July and ran full scan every 7-10 days. Never found a thing! I also have used Free AVG for years and happy with it but in July my Comp. people found Trojans and infected badly. They suggested MBAM.

I have just paid for the full version. I note that it only scdeduals I can do is for a Quick Scan daaily and not the Full Scan on a daily basis. Can this be changed in any way?

Can I run my Free AVG along with MBAM paid version? Are they compatible with each other?

Does MBAM have Virus Protection in it? I turned off the AV in AVG and not get a Security Warning from Windows that I do not have Virus Protection. Is it just that Windows does not recognise MBAM or is it the MBAM does not have AV Protection?

Does MBAM Scan E-Mails (I use Outlook Express) as they arrive and before they leave my computer as AVG does? If not...Can I leave AVG running to scan e-mails? Will it be combatable?

Is there a tech Support 800 Number I can call? I really do not like these forums as everybody has their oun answer to questions and too many different opinions.

I think that is enought for now. Thanks for any help I can get.

AZ Girl ;)

AZ Girl, welcome to the forums at Malwarebytes.org and thank you for purchasing Malwarebytes ;)

I don't know all the answers to your questions, but one thing I'd like to point out to you is that you should use the quick scan, followed by a full scan if you'd like. This is more efficient and the recommended scan type method.

• MBAM does detect and remove some viruses. It is not an Anti-Virus though, and removing viruses is not its main objective. That is your Anti-Virus's job, and your AV should always be your primary defense tool. Along with your AV, you should also have an anti-malware program as a supplement to catch the nasties that AV's commonly miss and/or can't remove completely, and you've made an excellent choice by choosing to use and purchase Malwarebytes.
  • As far as I know, there is no 800 number. You may get help here, or, as a paying customer, you may contact support@malwarebytes.org

Also, as a side note, when replying, please use the "add reply" button at the bottom or erase what the person said to you as this makes the forum easier to read.

Just address whomever you are replying to this way @username or username: :(

If anyone else can explain better than I or has answers to the other questions, please feel free to jump in here!

1. I can do is for a Quick Scan daaily and not the Full Scan on a daily basis. Can this be changed in any way?

2. Can I run my Free AVG along with MBAM paid version? Are they compatible with each other?

3. Does MBAM have Virus Protection in it? I turned off the AV in AVG and not get a Security Warning from Windows that I do not have Virus Protection. Is it just that Windows does not recognise MBAM or is it the MBAM does not have AV Protection?

4. Does MBAM Scan E-Mails (I use Outlook Express) as they arrive and before they leave my computer as AVG does? If not...Can I leave AVG running to scan e-mails? Will it be combatable?

5. Is there a tech Support 800 Number I can call?

AZ Girl ;)

1. There is no way to do a full scan on a daily basis. You can run a manual full scan only. The reason that MBAM is setup this way is because malware hides in certain places within the operating system and MBAM scans these areas.

2. MBAM and AVG can both run in realtime and are compatible.

3. MBAM is not a Antivirus software. It is recommended that you enable your Antivirus software.

4. MBAM does not scan incoming or outgoing emails. It is recommended that you enable your Antivirus software to scan incoming and outgoing emails.

5. mountaintree16 is correct. There is no 800# but you can get email support within one business day at support@malwarebytes.org

Hi 'Hardhead' and 'Mountaintree16',

THANK YOU for your answers! Hardhead....I liked they way you addressed each issue I had.....very efficient. Now we all know why you are a Moderator. Keep up the good work. I feel comfortable now running MBAM and AVG at the same time. I have them both set to do their scans on a daily basis. Thank You again, AZ girl. ;)!

You're quite welcome AZ Girl :(

Feel free to post in this forum (or use the support email if you prefer that) any time when you have a question or concern about something, theres pretty much always someone willing and able to help.

Take care and may safe internet-travels be with you ;)

PS your avator is cute :(

Thank You Mountiantree16. Hopefully I will 'not' be back. Have been seeing a lot posts of problems other people are having and now I am concerned. But the Free MBAM did great for the 4 months I had it. So perhaps I will not have all the proplems others are having. PS: I collect teddy Bears! ;) AZ Girl

Hopefully I will 'not' be back. Have been seeing a lot posts of problems other people are having and now I am concerned. But the Free MBAM did great for the 4 months I had it. So perhaps I will not have all the proplems others are having.

Most people don't post until there is a problem, that's why most of the posts you'll see here are when a user is having trouble ;) .

You are quite welcome, AZ Girl :(

Hopefully you will not have to be back for any problems, but if you do, we're all here for you! And even if you don't post, don't forget there is a wealth of knowledge to be found here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showforum=3

and here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showforum=13

I'm glad that you are having a good experience with Mbam. It's a wonderful program and its created, maintained, and supported by wonderful people. ;)

That's awesome that you collect Teddy Bears :( I used to collect Beanie Babies, coins, and rocks, but unfortunately I haven't really collected anything in a while. I do have a small turtle collection though. A few stuffed ones, glass and stone ones, and some earrings :)