[ RESOLVED ] Waiting On Customer Support

Just now, JAM83 said:

I'm patiently waiting

That is key when there is an issue like yours.

2 minutes ago, JAM83 said:

When I created the new MBAM Account

You should not have created a new account. The goal is to get access to the original account.

When I purchased MBAM years ago, I got the ID and Key. Back then, it was just a one-time payment.   I hope they can help me either get into my original account, or transfer everything over to the new one. I don't care either way.

Just now, Porthos said:

How in the world did that happen? Never mind it's Gmail.

1669675684_laughingcat.gif.a57e94a67cde170afe12d4dbdc5a4cb8.gif.bf1be90fcf233b2813f4718b1481d3f2.gif

I created a new gmail account a long time ago, and deleted the old gmail account, thinking I had everything taken care of.  Now it's too late to retrieve that gmail account

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

The account is linked to the email it was purchased with. I hope you kept the proof of purchase.

I still have the ID and Key. . . It's activated on ONE computer I have. . But i'm allowed to have it on 2 or 3 I do believe according to when I purchased it way back when.  

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Lifetime licenses are for ONE computer only.

2 minutes ago, JAM83 said:

It's allowed me to activate it on 3

Maybe they have changed

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I didn't know anything about that, to be truthful. . . . I don't have my proof of purchase or have any idea what the original email is.  So, i'm probably screwed. . I'm not purchasing a subscription though. . I can't afford it

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Join the club.

I hope they can still help me either get access to my account or transfer the ID/key over to the new one even though I don't have the Proof of Purchase, etc.  BUT, since they redone things and I only can have it activated on one PC, I guess I can just deactivate it on the other computer and activate it on my main PC. . I can always use MS Defender on the other two computers I guess.  It's just that Defender is a Memory hog

Just now, JAM83 said:

I guess I can just deactivate it on the other computer and activate it on my main PC.

Yes, you can deactivate it here. I suggest you put the Browser Guard and Ublock origin in your browsers to beef up your protection on the Defender only systems.

image.png.878ad386c3439e81adfcc50833ef9625.png

5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Yes, you can deactivate it here. I suggest you put the Browser Guard and Ublock origin in your browsers to beef up your protection on the Defender only systems.

image.png.878ad386c3439e81adfcc50833ef9625.png

Bad people ruin things for good people. . Thanks PIRATERS!  lol

Just now, JAM83 said:

Bad people ruin things for good people. . Thanks PIRATERS!  lol

Lots of that going around.

Defender is actually pretty good. I have been an authorized reseller for many years. I will admit it is a hard sell for a subscription after a client spends money on a repair or on a new computer. I have many lifetime clients I sold licenses to back in the day. Lately, it is all Defender only with the Free MB for scanning. No reports of infection. Believe me, they would call.

My clients are 98% of the over-55 crowd. Fixed incomes.

20 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

If you do not have any purchase information then support will not be able to assist you.

You must have something even if it's old. If you did not buy directly from Malwarebytes then we won't have any records to look up either.

I bought it directly from Malwarebytes, and I DO have the Activation License ID/Key that I used to activate Premium

22 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

If you do not have any purchase information then support will not be able to assist you.

You must have something even if it's old. If you did not buy directly from Malwarebytes then we won't have any records to look up either.

I NEVER buy anything like this from 3rd party sellers. No offense to them at all, but just in case something like this happens, then the direct company has a record of it.