Dissectology

NewTricks

6 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

As a kid it was PB and sugar on bread

We did that with cinnamon & buttered toast. Jif is pretty sugary too. Now I'm craving potato chips. Can't have peanut butter without them.

Three tenants are doing puzzles. The "master" is doing the 1500 and 1000 simultaneously. I am "helping" on the 750. My big contributions were perimeter, the basket, the wheels and the bike frame.

The most important difference~regarding joy. When I no longer feel it, I walk away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here's the 1500 one, with my 2 inch key for size comparison. She also chose my former Puppy puzzle, I "helped" just once because she doesn't like interference.

The sunlight shows how dusty it is in here~everywhere. I've got an air purifier running round the clock upstairs.

Apricot1500.jpg

Piecesize.jpg

Puppies.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

This puzzle has attached itself to me like a burr on a pant leg. I didn't want it there, but can't seem to take it off. I've gone through "feelings" about the difficulty. It is 1000 pieces after all.

It took 2 weeks to break through to enlightenment. I'm now working it from 2 sides. I took a chair and placed it opposite the customary viewpoint. That created enough space to sort better and see things upside down. Even if they are right side up, getting my eyeballs 8 inches from pieces helps a lot. If I can get a complete horizontal side to side, soon, that will be the ultimate.

Wolves2sided.jpg

WolvesTuesday.jpg

Edited by NewTricks
format

I have reached my goal!!!! 🤸‍♀️😻💯💥🌸 The horizontal "anchor" is complete. Wolf faces in progress.

In unrelated news, I'm on a 4 day STREAK with 3,134 steps a DAY. That could be due to sleeping well, finally. 🎉

Wed04.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AdvancedSetup said:

my wife tries to get in 10K steps a day but not easy

Smart woman! No, walking approximately 4.5 miles a day, depending on stride is pushing way past doing errands and shopping. You dedicate yourself to 45 minutes or more of EXERCISE.

Back when I first got my LG phone it has a pre-installed fitness tracker, now since discontinued but still can't remove it! It was set to 10K steps daily. Before I knew how to use my phone and didn't think I could change that 🤣  🤣   🤣  I did do it. Naturally that went down the tubes when I realized my ignorance.

FYI: for people who may be interested in getting some steps there are other ways to do it besides linking to apps. Regular pedometers and distance markers in mapping programs will give close estimates. Just in case you have moments of free time. (insert same laughing emoji's here!)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We take a temporary break from the wolves, which is getting tougher and tougher, to show just one 1000 piece from the building's puzzle room.

A 2000 piece is in progress. 😲

BestSellers.jpg

Edited by NewTricks
grammar

I was minding my own business today, working on the wolf puzzle when staff rolled through giving away little Hershey's "Sundae cups" Ice cream with whipped cream, with artificial strawberry sauce! I let it partially melt then exceeded my calories for the day and made my sacrifice this morning of NO flavored coffee null and void.

DANG IT ALL.

• Sad 1