Dissectology

NewTricks

The next "onsite" fun

The master puzzler does a 1000 piece in 3 days. She's now completing a 3,000 piece which has taken over 2 months. Who's keeping track? Then there's me.

We have taken over the room, which boasts an enormous screen, spanning two tables. The kicker is, no cable. Just for playing outdated media. 🤨

I'm much happier at the "office" but they close down for holidays and semester breaks. Headed there now.....

Deer.jpg

Deer1.jpg

Deer2.jpg

On 1/16/2024 at 11:48 AM, AdvancedSetup said:

more challenging without all the flat border pieces

Absolutely, positively! This requires extra patience. (short supply!)

The finished size is 27 " tall, by 20" wide. My first attempt at choosing edge pieces is probably around 40% accurate. Surprisingly, memories are returning from prior shaped puzzles as I do this one.

(Un)fortunately, I can't "run around", so can dedicate myself to it.

Edges_Shaped_Deer.jpg

• Root Admin

I see you already have purposefully chosen specific patterns and gathered together in groups. Same perspective as most people would be my guess.

Surprising would be someone that sees the connection per-piece without being in a group.

17 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Surprising would be someone that sees the connection per-piece without being in a group.

Yes. That would be very advanced, with sophisticated spatial recognition skills.

Edited by NewTricks
grammar
  • Like 1

OK. I decided the Wolf puzzle is also moot since I shouldn't be walking for anything but necessities. Getting from home up into the library is a trek of 2-3 city blocks. 😒 Although I do relish my return. 

My Dritz sewing mat, made for cutting fabrics, is now a base for the Italian hillside by the sea. As good as it gets.  

Somewhat crowded, or "cozy." ☺️

0130241915~2.jpg

0129241705_HDR~2.jpg

Edited by NewTricks
Added jpeg for continuity
  • Like 1

I completely went bonkers.

Plans to start on the buildings were forgotten as I sorted the monotone purple, pink & blues. I expected these to be the most difficult. Wrong. 

Two things are indispensible for success: a small LED task light and a container which has removeable dividers. 

Perspective is also key. In this limited space, heavy sorting by section is my ticket.

Hopefully puzzle completion will coincide with more mobility.🤞🏼

0205241405~2.jpg

0205241406~2.jpg

• Like 1

12 days 🙃 when in doubt, rotate 180

The Lego puzzle helped me distinguish colors & hues within families.

That brand was best for stability. I could lift one corner & the entire sheet held together. I've never seen anything like it before. Marvelous!

0209241618a~3.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Only item I see that I didn't eat was Drakes DevilDogs - don't recall them at all but perhaps they were a back East item?

Edit, looking at bigger picture - Did not eat the Sardines, did not eat Burger Chef

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Only item I see that I didn't eat was Drakes DevilDogs - don't recall them at all but perhaps they were a back East item?

They were! No sardines for me either. 

Now Devil Dogs are bunnies 🐰🐇

Screenshot_20240308-170623.png

Screenshot_20240308-170639.png

• Thanks 1