Dissectology

NewTricks

My Disability Services Coordinator, Melissa at the summit of a mountain by Old Forge. She's the person who provides puzzles, space to do them, official support with classes, intervention with instructors, creative solutions problems, equipment loans and electronic gifts.

Her Department is where I do the puzzles. I met Rebecca yesterday, the young student who had started the Halloween Candy puzzle. We compared notes on those missing pieces. I was drawn to her-she whipped out her cell phone and wrote me short phrases I could read in order to communicate. 😊That was nice. Despite her doing most of the work already she asked if I wouldn't mind her joining me. That was so cute! And yes, I have waffled once again, and do some when the spirit moves me.

Melissa_Summit.jpg

• Like 1

On a dashboard for my coursework, I see something familiar from Post ID:1583519

This Tiles puzzle also caught the eye of someone who designed  Brightspace. Small world.

FYI a snippet from Wikipedia: Brightspace combines a Learning Environment, ePortfolio, Learning Repository, Video Recorder, Virtual Classroom, and Mobile apps, in one cloud-based platform.[20]

Disclaimer, all the above links may not work.

Screenshot_20231004-193605~2.png

Edited by NewTricks
format
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I ventured into the "office" today and saw an abandoned Charles Wysocki puzzle.  Part of the reason is (apparent) missing border pieces, despite 3 people scouting them out.

The cottage was partially done, but incorrectly. So I moved and shifted some pieces, which led to this area coming together. I make no plans for continued work, whatever happens, happens.

Taking a photo helped me see one misplaced roof piece. This puzzle is diabolical in that pieces not having an exact fit seem to be OK.

Wysocki-Puzzle.jpg

Edited by NewTricks
grammar
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Missing borders would really dissuade me from trying to complete it

It was all the things you might expect; but then a combination of curiosity, challenge and acceptance won out. I think of it like having a brief relationship with someone I never would have chosen, but started to look at differently once they were in front me. There's something I can learn from it.

• Like 1

Going the distance with this because it's SUCH a mind bender.

All my strategies didn't work, so I took a metaphorical machete to hack through the tangled 'undergrowth.'

I resisted annoyance & frustration and exited through appreciation for the person who designed this ribbon cut puzzle. 

Next, the sky. 

1204231533a~2.jpg

Thank you, it's nice to have encouragement. This particular experience has shown me that a change of perspective is the key to moving past things I "must have."

(I must have the border first, I must like what I am doing, I must finish it in a certain amount of time, I must get 'in the zone', I must have absolute certainty, I must prove myself)

Strangely, leaving all that behind has given me more satisfaction and desire to continue.

On 12/4/2023 at 7:10 PM, AdvancedSetup said:

many projects or issues can have multiple ways to approach it.

So very true and this was a perfect example. 

The end result, in numbers, is 55 missing. Out of 1000, according to my math, that's 94% present. Good enough certainly to get the picture, but leaves an undescribable feeling behind. When I figure it out, it will become a decision point.

So long, Charles Wysocki's "Supper Call." As if those boaters could hear that horn anyway. 

1206231656a~2.jpg