Intermittent White Outs

• Root Admin

A 256GB USB Flash drive is HUGE in size. Don't forget this is not a true backup drive and is meant for quick easy operations between computers of if one needed to build a boot disk. Due to the big size though it's way overkill for using as a boot disk except maybe one of the geek style ones that has a 100 different operating systems on it.

Unless we've reached a new era (which would be great) the longevity of USB drives has traditionally or historically been dismal. 

Glad you got the disk though and are having fun with it.

• Thanks 1

Yes, you have advised me this is not meant for a true backup, so I don't consider it one. I did want to indulge in a little overkill, just because.

If I need a boot, I've got it. If I want to brag, I can. If I want to marvel at the capabilities every time I use it, I will. Before this year, I never saw those graphs which showed transfer speeds. I'm coming from the dark ages to the present in one fell swoop. 

The feeling I get from it is the same you might have while watching those racing videos where the speeds exceed 200 mph. 

• Like 1

Yes, I knew this was where I might be headed. And that means everything that you've done, is "lost." So, all my files, photos, programs, etc need to be somehow recorded so I can replace, re-install, etc. Correct? What happens to the Firefox Backup program? Can I somehow save it to my Transcend drive?

No problem @axe0-reset anticipated Monday, if nothing changes. I'd like to avoid it, but am ready, willing and able to forge ahead.

Last time I checked, I believe your time zone is 6 hours ahead of mine, and Invision e-mail notifications are often delayed, which further complicates things.

I'm happy to run something simple and attach the log. What do you need?

EDIT 12:35 PM EST: Going out briefly, but will keep an eye out for your response.

Edited by NewTricks
update

Post reset note: For a simple uncluttered page in Edge- go to Page settings: (gear icon upper right corner)

Turn off Content 

for more decluttering

• Turn off Quick Links
  • Turn off Show Sponsored links

Select a Background choices:

• Off
  • Image of the day
  • Image or video of the day
  • Your own image
  • Custom theme

Turn off Recent Bing searches

Turn off Show Greeting

Edge homescreen Settings.jpg

Edited by NewTricks
add attachment
  • Like 1

• Root Admin

@axe0

We did a full System Restore wiping all data and partitions. Then reinstall of Windows 11

We're trying to run the computer for a few days without most of the 3rd party software to see how the computer runs before we start to reinstall.

Thank you for your valuable assistance

• Thanks 1

For tracking purposes only: Dell pop up message

"Application|Dell Support Assist OS recovery PlugIn for Dell update"

Can't find it with manual checks on Dell in two different places and is not available as an automatic  download. These messages started Wednesday and continue daily. I wanted to bring it up, just in case. 

Driver message 3.jpg

details.png