Spring 2023

NewTricks

Keeping up with atmospheric conditions, tonight is a FULL MOON, sometimes called Strawberry moon by native peoples to mark the beginning of the strawberry season.

(Get some heavy cream, liquid or canned, biscuits, butter and some LARGE spoons) 

desserts_strawberry_shortcake_300x400.jpg

Edited by NewTricks
food afterthought
  • Like 1

• Root Admin

Good for the wallet. Not so much for the FUN scale

My Hybrid is supposed to get 70 something but the best I could get coasting was about 60

My other car... well see above it gets a little better mileage than that but not much but is a lot more fun to drive than the Hybrid

• Haha 1

Woooo! Thanks for the ride! That was indeed FUN. 

Here I am getting nervous at 70, especially with 18 wheelers. Oh, I saw those cool gloves and the shifting, taking turns at 75. 

i had a class I licence, drove trucks & buses, but nothing thrilling except losing control on ice at 60. An adrenaline jolt. 

Are you sorry you got the hybrid?

Edited by NewTricks
spelling

• Root Admin

The Hybrid is a nice vehicle, but it has had some electrical issues.

Had a rat eat through a major power harness (they apparently use some type of soy base coating that is supposed to be cheaper or more eco friendly?

Of course they didn't have it in stock so it took 6 weeks to get a new one before we could drive the vehicle again. Insurance covered it luckily as it was almost a $7K repair.

Without insurance and warranty that is just too expensive. We'll turn it in next year and get something else. Maybe the Honda Odyssey

• Sad 1

That is a significant life disruption, and paperwork headache. I'm glad you had the insurance and warranty coverage, it's great when that happens the way it should.

I drove the Honda Odyssey last Thanksgiving/Christmas with the fam, and it is a nice smooth ride. Excellent cargo space, the seats are configured well  for kids and you can remove them easily. Not as cool of course, but we can't be cool all the time. 😎

• Like 1