Spring 2023

NewTricks

@nukecad, you did indeed. Definitely photogenic in the rain. Water droplets are nature's finest jewels (on flowers!) Looks like you caught everything in time. That's the beauty and sadness of spring. Exquisite but transitory.

We'll still have some nice blooms in May, but nothing beats those in April after a "long cold lonely winter."

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Time outdoors is probably more of what all of us could use

@AdvancedSetup, you can safely remove the "probably."

Yesterday half of my shots were of Canada Geese and their goslings. Bumped up against the limits of my phone camera, so last night I busted out my Panasonic-I arrived too early this morning for their daily routine, so walked back into Lagoon Park and found their home. Serendipity rules!  Stay tuned.

P1070125.JPG

P1070141.JPG

P1070130.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Warm weather, ongoing sunshine, fully charged camera, bracketing exposures, avoiding lens flare, and manipulating IrfanView all contribute to better spring days.
The image below serves as a placeholder until I can find them on the right day at the right time.

0507230911g~3.jpg

• Like 1

Went to the City Pier today, inspired by @David H. Lipman to get more active. Thanks for the encouragement. This was my favorite haunt prior 2020 and now I'm BACK!

We'll start with a morning view, followed by the pier construction itself (fascinating) then adjacent historic boathouses, the spaces between them, followed up by docked pontoon boats, a favorite of the locals. This area is a historic district in New York, and also recognized by the World Atlas.

If I had to choose, the lake or the pier, I'd choose the lake.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Boats.jpg

• Like 1