windows 11 taskbar blank on boot

Just now, AdvancedSetup said:

No problem about the Discord. The script that checks for updates might be off on it's version check.

From an elevated admin command prompt you can also perform program updates that it knows of using this command.

winget upgrade --all

There is also this program that is pretty slick too

Patch My PC Home Updater
https://patchmypc.com/home-updater

Hopefully your issue is corrected now though.

I'll be away most of the day tomorrow

Take care

Alright thanks so much for the help, I'm going to bed now. I will keep an eye on it and if happens again will let you know.

• Thanks 1

• Root Admin

Well go ahead and run a Farbar scan again and we'll check the logs to see if there were more details

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

Thank you

• Root Admin

I didn't see an obvious entry for the RAID or Port you saw.

The Razor program is faulting. You can try reinstalling the software to see if that helps.

You also had a Widgets fault. That might possibly account for desktop or tray look changes. But not positive and there was only one entry

Error: (04/07/2023 11:13:57 AM) (Source: Application Hang) (EventID: 1002) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: The program Widgets.exe version 421.20070.1470.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

I don't even use widgets, its turned off as far as I know. the only thing plugged into the pc right now is a keyboard and mouse, plus the speakers(they are plugged in via the 3.5 jack), and of course the monitor. so no idea why that error was there for the drive. if you know how to stop the widgets from even running I would gladly do it, since I don't use them.

Synapse is actually up to date. Since I reinstalled it, I uninstalled it, rebooted then downloaded the installer , installed and did another reboot and seen the crash in event viewer.

Did a couple more reboots and it wasn't happening all the time.