google.com websites blocked by malwarebytes

syncronaut
Go to solution Solved by Dashke,

Hope someone can help please.

This afternoon, I suddenly started getting constant notifications in the bottom left corner from Malwarebytes when trying to use Google. It's blocking everything I try to do related to Google.

This includes Chrome, Gmail, even Google.com when accessed through a different browser.

Attached are a few of the warnings I've had.

I've ran a MWB scan and it says there is no malware. My other antivirus software also hasn't located anything suspicious.

What can I do to get Google up and running again please?

Screenshot 2022-09-21 16.32.34.png

Screenshot 2022-09-21 16.32.41.png

Screenshot 2022-09-21 16.32.52.png

Screenshot 2022-09-21 16.33.05.png

Screenshot 2022-09-21 16.33.18.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, blue_ocean said:

Malwarebytes blocking everything there is from Google. That's weird.

website-blocked.jpg

I wish there was a way to add a range of URLs to the exclusion list using something like x.google.com.  I added about 3 URLs and gave up. Hope they are working on fixing and will post on these forums when it is resolved.

• Staff
15 minutes ago, DMBD said:

Gmail and all other google applications.  How is this fixed?  

Hello-

We're aware of the issue and working to resolve it as quickly as possible, thanks for your patience.

As a workaround, you can temporarily disable web protection by following the steps below:
·  Open Malwarebytes
·  In the Real Time Protection card on the lower right, toggle off Web Protection"

Additionally you can add these subdomains to exclusions to reduce alerts:

accounts.google.com	adservice.google.com	android.l.google.com	google.com	mobile-gtalk.l.google.com	pagead-googlehosted.l.google.com	pki-goog.l.google.com	www-googletagmanager.l.google.com	www.google.com	www3.l.google.com	

I have this issue also, noticed it around 40 minutes ago when starting my PC. Blocking evrything, Google, youtube, Netflix, even malwarebytes.com 

I live in Sweden so this must be a problem causing users all over the world.

Have any official from Malwarebytes replied to this someware?

20 minutes ago, RH309 said:

This is happening to me as well. Updated malwarebytes, rebooted, scanned - still getting outbound blocking messages constantly.

Yes me too, did it just start within the last hour?  For a while I couldn't even do a web search.  YouTube still won't work either, says I'm offline.  All manner of stuff like this:

image.png.fe30bf71d101b3d143828d5acbc6cdd5.png

Edited by BMD