google.com websites blocked by malwarebytes

syncronaut
Go to solution Solved by Dashke,

Hi,

I have never had this issue before, but I have multiple constant outbound "website blocked due to malware" pop ups. It is never ending and I am blocked out of my google accounts! 

I did a scan and it is all turned on and advanced scan and it picks up nothing! 

Do I have a virus? Please help - my computer is everything. 

I have never had this issue with other virus things.

Thanks 

Just now, TheodoreM said:

Anyway I just did a scan with emsisoft emergency kit, defender, and now kaspersky is running in background, the offline scan tool, of course there is nothing on the system, just a broken malwarebytes.

When you panic a lot ;)

But you got me here, I was also thinking "WTF?" how can google be malicious, I might do an offline scan and stuff...

9 minutes ago, Sanitiser said:

Can confirm this also started happening on my machine at exactly 4:42PM CEST (23 minutes ago) right after MalwareBytes updated.

It must have been an issue with the new update, I hadn't noticed it updated, thank goodness you did!

8 minutes ago, MoonRaven said:

Yup, looks like I'll have to disable some protections...

Same, I've disabled a few so the popups stop happening every second, it's very distracting when working.

8 minutes ago, Spyderturbo007 said:

Same here.  I have hundreds of endpoints freaking out right now.  We are on Oneview and running endpoint security.

Oh no! That must be a nightmare and very difficult to deal with at the moment.

6 minutes ago, Aquineas said:

Having the same problem.

3 minutes ago, phoenixbard said:

Add me to the list

So many users affected, hopefully they can put out an update and fix the issue soon. 

Just now, DOTvu said:

Thank God I'm not alone in this, I was starting to panic a bit tbh

I know what you mean! I thought something had went extremely wrong but seeing all the users affected, it feels a bit more reassuring. 

1 minute ago, Warlord711 said:

When you panic a lot ;)

But you got me here, I was also thinking "WTF?" how can google be malicious, I might do an offline scan and stuff...

I only did that because when I disabled web protection it still kept blocking, so I presumed it was blocking physical files in that case so I wanted to be extra sure. It only took a few minutes with each tool, the computer is still on a relatively fresh install and there's only one drive connected at the moment, the one inside the computer! Kaspersky is still going though but I am going to stop it as it's stupid now, I know everything is fine. I really must sleep LOL, 1.20 am here in OZ.

At first i was thinking that the end of the world was started (Google being blocked is something out of this world). Jokin aside, i still have to keep web protection disabled because with it set to on, is basically impossible to use any sort of Google service, from YouTube, to search to anything else. Tried to manually update MBAM says that i already have the latest version. I hope the team releases a fix asap, i'm not feeling safe with the option disabled.

As an example:

Malwarebytes
www.malwarebytes.com

-Log Details-
Protection Event Date: 9/21/22
Protection Event Time: 11:18 AM
Log File: a625bba8-39c0-11ed-8aaf-7486e20f2cd9.json

-Software Information-
Version: 4.5.14.210
Components Version: 1.0.1751
Update Package Version: 1.0.60359
License: Premium

-System Information-
CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: System

-Blocked Website Details-
Malicious Website: 1
, C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe, Blocked, -1, -1, 0.0.0, , 

-Website Data-
Category: Malware
Domain: gstaticadssl.l.google.com
IP Address: 64.233.185.94
Port: 443
Type: Outbound
File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe

(end)