Hi

Xproject187

Hi My name is Xproject187:

I thought I better introduce Myself here in this thread prior to asking for help.

I'm a husband & a father of 2 who lives in Nor.Cal.

I love messing around on My PC, rebuilding cars & just generaly learning things that are new to Me.

I've recently decided to migrate over to Linux(Ubuntu) but as of this moment I'm stuck trying to help My wife figure out the Issue which landed Me here at the Malwarebytes forum (for the very first time).

I really hope to meet some new friends here & possibly be of some sort of help to someone else as well as receive the help I need.

Nice being here & hello to all Members both new & old

Xproject187

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings from a local coffee house.

I'm here drinking a latte and running a full scan. Which is kinda fun, except that these *adult* websites keep popping up. :)

Apparently I'm infected with Antivirus System PRO

So yeah, I'm typing in a teeny tiny little window so as to not scare the kiddies and the easily offended.

I have total confidence that you lovely people will be able to help.

So you'll probably see me in the HTL thread soon.

Hello dmccartney and welcome to Malwarebytes!

I'm sorry to hear that your system is infected :) It's actually recommend to run the quick scan over the full scan most times though.

Yes, an expert helper will be able to fix you up in the HJT forum, that would be the correct place to post your MBAM log and any other symptoms you may be experiencing.

Thank you and enjoy your beverage :)