windows system defender

i dont know how it even began but macafee detected a trojan downloader and it gave me the pop up that it had been successfully deleted, after i find myself looking at my desktop where there was an icon that said windows system defender and there was a little red wall in my quick launch saying i was infected and i needed to activate my subscription, i knew of course that it was a rogue. since this has happened before mbam.exe was renamed mypuppy.exe by myself, i opened malwarebytes and i started running a scan but after a few seconds it closes down and i try 2 reboot it and it doesnt let me, showing a message that says : Window cannot access the specified device, path or file. you may not have the appropriate permission to access the item.

i tried deleting mbam.exe and downloading it again and it doesnt help, this "virus" also blocks my Macafee and does not let me even open it.

i've also read a post on this forum about looking in device manager but the driver specified in that post is not there.

and lastly i've tried to boot up my PC in safe mode only to be greeted by a blue screen.

any help?

please.

thank you,

Greetings :lol: .

If you're having trouble getting Malwarebytes' and other tools to update or run please review the following tutorials and see if they are helpful:

If you aren't able to use those instructions or there are other issues then please follow the instructions here:

I'm infected - What do I do now?

And post your logs in a new topic here:

Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs

Please be sure not to install any software or use any removal or scanning tools except those that you are

instructed to by the expert who will be assisting you as doing so can make their job much more difficult.

note: if for some reason you are unable to run some or any of the tools in the first link, then skip that step and move on to the next one.

If you can't even run HijackThis, then just post here: Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs describing your issues and an expert will reply with further instructions.

I hope I was helpful. Good luck and safe surfing. :lol:

• Root Admin

You will need to post in the HJT forum as shown below and try to wait and be patient like everyone else. We will get to you as soon as we can but it typically takes at least 48 hours, once in a while we can get to you sooner but the site is very busy.

Scan and post logs - read note at bottom in green

If you're having Malware related issues with your computer that you're unable to resolve.

1. Please read and follow the instructions provided here: I'm infected - What do I do now?
  2. If needed please post your logs in a NEW topic here: Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs
  3. When posting logs please do not use any Quote, Code, or other tags. Please copy/paste directly into your post and do not attach files unless requested.

• Please do not post any logs in the General forum. We do not work on any logs posted in the General forum.
  • Please do not install any software or use any removal/scanning tool except for those you're requested to run by the Helper that will assist you.
  • Using these other tools often makes the cleanup task more difficult and time consuming.
  • If you have already submitted for assistance at one of the other support sites on the Internet then you should not post a new log here, you should stay working with the Helper from that site until the issue is resolved.
  • Do not assume you're clean because you don't see something in the logs. Please wait until the person assisting you provides feedback.
  • There are often many others that require asistance as well, so please be patient. If no one has responded within 48 hours then please go ahead and post a request for review

• NOTE: If for some reason you're unable to run some or any of the tools in the first link, then skip that step and move on to the next one. If you can't even run HijackThis, then just proceed and post a NEW topic as shown in the second link describing your issues and someone will assist you as soon as they can.