phishing attack maybe

ChooChoo

Today I received an email from Max City LLc from Biscoe, NC with email arlindkola753@yahoo.com. I attached original from gmail and my PDF copy. I have not checked if Biscoe, NC really exists but I feel maybe others have received similar emails from other email and physical addresses.

Invoice - 6415 malware bytes.pdf Invoice from Max city llc (6415) - gmail.pdf

The key here is the phone number it is not PayPal's number. Also PayPal is always PayPal not pay pal. Of course the amount was not taken unless you error by calling the number.

I hope you did not call the number.

image.thumb.png.7d3f27cf3bc51dbfd45b921e4e6d861f.png

Edited by Porthos

306 CHURCH ST, BISCOE, NC 27209 is a private residence.

There is no Max City LLC registered in the state of North Carolina.

This is not a Phish.  This is just another example of a Tech Support scam.  The ploy is to generate a fake Invoice and get you to call the number and pay for some service.  This kind of ploy can also be exhibited as a RoboCall in the name of Amazon or Apple or another well known name brand.

Reference:                                     
US FBI PSA - Tech Support Fraud
US FTC Consumer Information -  Tech Support Scams
US FTC - Tech Support Operators Agree to Settle Charges by FTC and the State of Ohio
US FTC - FTC and Federal, State and International Partners Announce Major Crackdown on Tech Support Scams
Malwarebytes' Blog - Tech support fraud is still very much alive, says latest FBI report
Malwarebytes' Blog - Search on - "tech support scams"
Malwarebytes' Blog - "Tech support scams: help and resource page"

Taken from PayPal.com

https://www.paypal.com/lc/webapps/mpp/security/report-problem

Suspicious emails

“Phishing” is an illegal attempt to "fish" for your private, sensitive data. One of the most common phishing scams involves sending an email that fraudulently claims to be from a well-known company (like PayPal). If you believe you've received a phishing email, follow these steps right away:

1. Forward the entire email to spoof@paypal.com.
  2. Do not alter the subject line or forward the message as an attachment.
  3. Delete the suspicious email from your email account.

We'll look into it and email you a response to let you know if it is indeed fraudulent. In the meantime, don't click any links or download any attachments within the suspicious email.

• Like 1