Manual mbam.exe download?

Hey there everyone.

Is there a way or a place where I can download just the mbam.exe file so that I can manually rename it. The setup gave me everything else but the mbam.exe file. If there is a place where I can just get the mbam.exe file so I can right click and change the name?

THanks in advance for all of your help.

The entire program is supposed to go in C:/Program Files... why you did not get the mbam.exe makes me wonder if you have a infection in your pc.... I don't know of a way to get a file from the program.. Can the support forum help? If you can tell us more about what you want to do? regards..

The entire program is supposed to go in C:/Program Files... why you did not get the mbam.exe makes me wonder if you have a infection in your pc.... I don't know of a way to get a file from the program.. Can the support forum help? If you can tell us more about what you want to do? regards..

Wow you all are fast. I appreciate that.

I do have a virus (I have the AntiVirus Pro 2010). I was trying to avoid downloading the Hijack, by just installing the mbam.exe file. I've read a lot of stuff that say to rename the mbam-setup.exe file, but that's not the problem. The setup is fine, but the very last thing is the mbam.exe file. Is there a way that I can just have someone send me the mbam.exe file (with the name changed) and then I can paste it into my malware folder rename it back to mbam.exe and then run it?

I can't -- sorry! But you have a virus. I would advise you to get your pc cleand up in the HJK forum...its about all I can do for you! Will post the instructions.... good luck...

follow these instructions & post it in the HiJackLog Forum please

Scan and post logs - read note at bottom in green

If you're having Malware related issues with your computer that you're unable to resolve.

1. Please read and follow the instructions provided here: I'm infected - What do I do now?
  2. If needed please post your logs in a NEW topic here: Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs
  3. When posting logs please do not use any Quote, Code, or other tags. Please copy/paste directly into your post and do not attach files unless requested.

• Please do not post any logs in the General forum. We do not work on any logs posted in the General forum.
  • Please do not install any software or use any removal/scanning tool except for those you're requested to run by the Helper that will assist you.
  • Using these other tools often makes the cleanup task more difficult and time consuming.
  • If you have already submitted for assistance at one of the other support sites on the Internet then you should not post a new log here, you should stay working with the Helper from that site until the issue is resolved.
  • Do not assume you're clean because you don't see something in the logs. Please wait until the person assisting you provides feedback.
  • There are often many others that require asistance as well, so please be patient. If no one has responded within 48 hours then please go ahead and post a request for review

NOTE: If for some reason you're unable to run some or any of the tools in the first link, then skip that step and move on to the next one. If you can't even run HijackThis, then just proceed and post a NEW topic as shown in the second link describing your issues and someone will assist you as soon as they can.

Hiya Yardbird,

I was able to finally get Malwarebytes to run by hurrying up and copying the file it was being installed before the virus deletes it. I read that somewhere on here. But now, there is a file that will not delete when rebooted. Can you please help me. I've been advised to try combo fix. Should I?

I see from your Posts you already posted in the HJK forum. If you did, Give them time to get to you. There busy in there!

posted in HJK forum -- Today, 12:18 PM Now keep an eye on that post in the HJK forum, because you will be working with a HJK helper. They will tell you what to download..... regards...

Hi all... I think I got rid of the malware that infected my system.. I followed the above directions - especially the one about grabbing the mbam.exe during the download process - before the virus could deleted it. I reinserted it once the download was complete. Everything seemed to install and update fine after that..

After scanning, deleting what was found and rebooting a few times, I am left with this one item:

Vendor Category Items Other

Disabled.SecurityCenter Registry Data HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/SecurityCenter/UpdatesDisableNotify Bad:(1)Good(0)

Is this something to be concerned with? I've never seen it before when I scanned.

Also, I installed malware from a renamed folder (NewMfolder) as directed. After all was done, I uninstalled malware and tried to download it again to reinstall it from its proper directory.. However, something - I guess a virus - deleted the mbam.exe file upon download again. I had to redo the initial process, which worked fine. but I am getting the feeling not all is well.. Can anyone explain the above Scan result?

Thank you..

Hi all... I think I got rid of the malware that infected my system.. I followed the above directions - especially the one about grabbing the mbam.exe during the download process - before the virus could deleted it. I reinserted it once the download was complete. Everything seemed to install and update fine after that..

After scanning, deleting what was found and rebooting a few times, I am left with this one item:

Vendor Category Items Other

Disabled.SecurityCenter Registry Data HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/SecurityCenter/UpdatesDisableNotify Bad:(1)Good(0)

Is this something to be concerned with? I've never seen it before when I scanned.

Also, I installed malware from a renamed folder (NewMfolder) as directed. After all was done, I uninstalled malware and tried to download it again to reinstall it from its proper directory.. However, something - I guess a virus - deleted the mbam.exe file upon download again. I had to redo the initial process, which worked fine. but I am getting the feeling not all is well.. Can anyone explain the above Scan result?

Thank you..

attached is a copy of my logfile..

mbam_log_2009_10_26__14_14_28_.txt

Hey folks, this may be of help

I've been fighting this Anti Virus 2010 thing for a few days and have SLOWLY whittled it down. I'm was trying to install Malwarebytes to finish it off but it wasn't installing the malwarebytes.exe file. I tried just about everything on this site and nothing worked. But here is what did work

1) I downloaded Malwarebytes and renamed it OdinUSMC (doesn't matter what you name it really)

2) When I installed it I made sure I changed all the directories to OdinUSMC (C:\Program Files\OdinUSMC)

3) Then I installed the program, when it installed everything installed except the .exe file (it seems the virus prevents that form installing)

4) Then I installed Marewarebytes to my laptop (which was uninfected) and did the same name changes (OdinUSMC) insuring that Malwarebytes was installed to the exact same directory on both computers (C:\Program Files\OdinUSMC)

5) On my uninfected laptop the .exe file showed up, I then renamed the malwarebytes.exe application to OdinUSMC.exe then I used the cut tool and pasted the OdinUSMC.exe file to my external hard drive

6) I then plugged the external into my infected PC, cut the OdinUSMC.exe file and pasted it into the corresponding place on the infected PC

7) The I ran malewarebytes and it ran perfectly

I don't know if this is helpful (or correct) but I hope it does something for you. It worked for me, as the Old Marine Corps adage goes "If it's stupid, but it works, it isnt stupid"

From searching the net I could not find a way to only dL the mbam.exe file.. The virus deletes it shortly after it is downloaded - you can open the directory and actually see mbam.exe and then watch it disappear..

The only thing that worked for me was to grab the mbam.exe file and copy it to another folder.. This has to be done QUICKLY before the virus can delete the installed file.

Then you can drag the file to the directory of choice and install the program. The virus seems to only delete the file once. Keep a copy of mbam.exe elsewhere for security.

I can now scan w/MalwareB but I haven't been able to get rid of the virus.. I'm always left with Disabled.SecurityCenter w/no action taken on Malwares part. I am not able to manually enable SecurityCenter either. I can manually enable it but it gets disabled immediately afterwards.

anybody gotta a clue as what to do?

@dojistar -

We don't work on malware removal in the general forums. If you would have better peace of mind, you can submit your logs in the Malware Removal HijackThis Logs forum by following the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here. One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

If you think you are clean you don't need to do that.

The Disabled Security Center notification is flagged because a lot malware does that upon infection. However, a lot of Anti-Virus security applications do that as well because they will do the monitoring. If you are clean, you can set MBAM to ignore that at the end of the scan.

Just to be on the safe side, you are probably better off posting a new topic in the HJT forum.