MBG for Safari does not activate correctly

Massimiliano
Go to solution Solved by gatortail,

Good Morning

I would like to point out that, at least on my Mac, MBG for Safari does not activate correctly.

You can never activate all four protections. I attach screenshots of example but every time the situation changes.

Even the activated protections, if I close Safari and reopen it, are completely deactivated including the general one on the right concerning the extension.

I am using a MacBook Air M1 with 16GB Universal Memory, 256GB SSD, macOS 11.6 (20G165).

I also have Malwarebytes for macOS Premium installed.

Besides MBG, the only extension present on Safari is 1Blocker Version 3.16.2 (820)

Safari version 15.0 (16612.1.29.41.4)

I'm available, within the limits of possible skills and time availability, to provide any kind of clarification to try to solve the problem 

Waiting for your feedback

Thank you

Have a nice day

Massimiliano 304568162_Schermata2021-09-24alle07_08_10.thumb.jpg.6b4404468ed435e765ddc234ecab2724.jpg

This is what I'm getting with Safari 15 on Catalina. I'll enable all 4 settings, reboot the computer and then get this on all websites:

This happens with Malwarebytes Premium for Mac installed and Uninstalled if that matters. 

1719000276_ScreenShot2021-09-24at12_28_17PM.thumb.png.2ef00105356c2536b90c53d6b46fe439.png

• Like 1

I seen that and I chose "Always Allow on Every Website"

I also see that all 4 setting are enabled again. I'll keep an eye on the setting today to see what happens, if it goes buggy again.

• Like 1

The Browser Guard disabled itself again. I uninstalled the Browser Guard and reinstalled it then rebooted. After launching Safari after reboot it took about 30 to 40 seconds to load the Browser Guard. All setting were enabled. After about 20 minutes of going to different websites the setting were disabled again but the Browser Guard icon was still blue. I am using AdGuard also on Safari. HTH.

1888515586_ScreenShot2021-09-24at6_54_31PM.thumb.png.a96d74984c7b80c1b495a3019d432684.png

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, gatortail said:

@MAXBAR1 v1.0.3 was just released.  Please give this a try and let us know.  Thank you. 

MBG Feedback

All fixed now. Everything works correctly

Forum Website Feedback

PS: Only thing. The forum website must have completely deactivated all content blockers (in my case MBG and 1Blocker) otherwise it doesn't work properly (for example the possibility of quotation is not displayed).

Still seeing it get disabled every 20 or so minutes.

Malwarebytes Browser Guard version 1.0.3

Safari 15 on macOS 11.6

Trying now, I have the massive CPU spike when it loads (% and temperature huge spike to around 207ºf

image.thumb.png.55ee156182ccf58980f066e904faf431.png

That CPU spike lasts about 6 minutes, tho the RAM usage does not go down.

Looks like scam blocker is failing to load

image.thumb.png.91ccdb2c91a2fbdfe10704633020b00d.png

image.thumb.png.fbb8b74274b9f5ffa4caace4f72d5a49.png

Scam blocker is still trying to load

On 10/14/2021 at 4:10 PM, Chas4 said:

Scam blocker is still trying to load

12 hours ago, Dales said:

Having the exact same problem on my MacBook Air M1.  Scam blocker is not loading.

I confirm what has been written before. Since the release of the update for me everything is OK

My Mac Configuration

MacBook Air M1 with 16GB Universal Memory, 256GB SSD, macOS 11.6 (20G165)
Malwarebytes for macOS Premium Version 4.13.5
Safari Version 15.0 (16612.1.29.41.4, 16612)
Malwarebytes Browser Guard Version 1.0.3
1Blocker Version 4.0.2 (843)

Attach screenshot

272720821_Schermata2021-10-20alle14_26_17.thumb.jpg.54b5cf1d36eb7923e8eeea83672d367e.jpg

1352857282_Schermata2021-10-20alle14_26_11.thumb.jpg.fdcd26eb23acc778bcd6d67de53c2e5d.jpg

I have 8 GB in my MacBook Air M1 with the latest BigSur.  I removed most of the running apps from my Mac before re-installing Browser Guard.  I did retain Malwarebytes Premium.  When running Safari with Browser Guard, the total memory used will stay below 6 GB.

For testing purposes, I completely removed Browser Guard (included the BG references in the Containers folder), re-started the Mac, cleared Safari cache, re-installed Browser Guard, checked the 5 Browser Guard extensions in Safari preferences, and finally ran my "Keepass.com" test in Safari.  In every instance, Keepass.com was not blocked per the attached screenshot (Keepass.png), with the "circle" indicator showing for the "Scams" button.  If I played around with the system, like force-quitting Browser Guard or disabling-enabling the 5 Browser Guard extensions in Safari, I could eventually get Browser Guard to block "Keepass.com".  Eventually something else would fail to block again, including my url test for "maliciouswebsite.com" (see attached TestSite.png).

Keepass.png

TestSite.png

• Staff
1 hour ago, Dales said:

I have 8 GB in my MacBook Air M1 with the latest BigSur.  I removed most of the running apps from my Mac before re-installing Browser Guard.  I did retain Malwarebytes Premium.  When running Safari with Browser Guard, the total memory used will stay below 6 GB.

For testing purposes, I completely removed Browser Guard (included the BG references in the Containers folder), re-started the Mac, cleared Safari cache, re-installed Browser Guard, checked the 5 Browser Guard extensions in Safari preferences, and finally ran my "Keepass.com" test in Safari.  In every instance, Keepass.com was not blocked per the attached screenshot (Keepass.png), with the "circle" indicator showing for the "Scams" button.  If I played around with the system, like force-quitting Browser Guard or disabling-enabling the 5 Browser Guard extensions in Safari, I could eventually get Browser Guard to block "Keepass.com".  Eventually something else would fail to block again, including my url test for "maliciouswebsite.com" (see attached TestSite.png).

Keepass.png

TestSite.png

@Dales Thanks for this info.

It seems that 8GB MacBooks have an issue with loading the scams ContentBlocker due to the large number of rules we have. We are currently working on a solution to compress the size of the content blocker rules database. This should improve the loading times of the content blockers. 

• Like 1