Virus comes back after scanning

Hi, I'm new here. So I scanned my system twice, the first time I did it I opened my pc and my cpu usage was 40% which is normally supposed to be 20% so I booted into safe mode without networking and scanned it again. The second time it detected the same amount of trojans/viruses (47-50) and when I booted my pc normally my google chrome was gone any assistance?

Hello @riceconnoisseur and :welcome:

My name is MKDB and I will assist you.

• Please follow the steps in the given order and post back the logs as an attachment when ready. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
  • Temporarily disable your antivirus or other security software first. Make sure to turn it back on once the scans are completed.
  • Temporarily disable Microsoft SmartScreen to download software below if needed. Make sure to turn it back on once the scans are completed.
  • As English is not my native language, please do not use slang or idoms. It may be hard for me to understand.

Step 1

• Please download the Malwarebytes Support Tool (MBST).
  • Run MBST.
  • In the left navigation pane of MBST, click Advanced.
  • In the Advanced Options, click Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your machine.
  • A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your desktop, please upload that file on your next reply.

Due to the lack of feedback, I do not follow this topic any longer.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection.

Thank you.

• Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Tips to help protect from infection

Thanks