Adware.Elex.Shrtcln keeps coming back when I scan in malwarebytes.

So my CPU Usage/temperatures keep rising out of the blue and when I try to open task manager to check whats occupying the cpu and then it suddenly drops and the fans come back to be idle and after a few minutes the cpu usage spikes back up and this cycle continues so I decided to scan for malwares/Adwares and then I found this Adware.Elex.ShrtCln  which doesnt get deleted or quarantined it just keeps coming back with each scan sometimes 9 detections sometimes 6, 4, 12 and so on. I saw a thread on here which was guided by @kevinf80 so I did all the scans and saved all the logs I am going to upload here with this entry. I performed a malwarebytes scan and saved the report by exporting it then i did an AdwCleaner scan and saved the logs from that, downloaded the FRST and performed the scan with everything checked and saved the FRST.txt and Addition.txt all of these logs are attached with this. itd be very helpful of you if you could help me resolve this issue.

MB Scan Report.txt Addition.txt FRST.txt AdwCleaner[C00].txt

Hello, Welcome to Malwarebytes.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

Please download the attached Fixlist.txt file to  the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.
The location is listed in the 3rd line of the FRST.txt log you have submitted.

Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.

The Computer will restart when the fix is completed.

It will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.
===

Windows Defender

How to Delete/Restore quarantined files.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/windows-defender-antivirus/restore-quarantined-files-windows-defender-antivirus

Follow the directives on the page to delete all the files in the quarantine folder.
Restart the computer when done.
<<<>>>

Please post the Fixlog.txt.
Let me know if the problem is solved.

fixlist.txt

36 minutes ago, nasdaq said:

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

Please download the attached Fixlist.txt file to  the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.

===

Windows Defender

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/windows-defender-antivirus/restore-quarantined-files-windows-defender-antivirus

Follow the directives on the page to delete all the files in the quarantine folder.
<<<>>>

fixlist.txt 25.22 kB · 1 download

I did this FRST Fix and I think the temp data was removed and recycle bin was emptied too, after creating a restore point. I am attaching the Fixlog.txt with this reply please check that. when the PC did a restart it was still acting the same as before, opening TM reduces the cpu usage immediately and also i forgot to mention earlier the same happens when I do a scan with malwarebytes and security task manager, it'll increase the usage suddenly and then if i dont do any of these the usage will remain constant, spiked, and as soon as i do open TM or scan for viruses from any app it reduces, i thought it was malware elex.shrtcln, but now i think something else is causing this. I dont know what I should do next.

Fixlog.txt

36 minutes ago, nasdaq said:

===

===

Windows Defender

<<<>>>

fixlist.txt 25.22 kB · 1 download

I did this FRST Fix and I think the temp data was removed and recycle bin was emptied too, after creating a restore point. I am attaching the Fixlog.txt with this reply please check that. when the PC did a restart it was still acting the same as before, opening TM reduces the cpu usage immediately and also i forgot to mention earlier the same happens when I do a scan with malwarebytes and security task manager, it'll increase the usage suddenly and then if i dont do any of these the usage will remain constant, spiked, and as soon as i do open TM or scan for viruses from any app it reduces, i thought it was malware elex.shrtcln, but now i think something else is causing this. I dont know what I should do next.

Fixlog.txt

3 minutes ago, Arsh29 said:

Fixlog.txt 74.01 kB · 0 downloads

the CPU usage would remain on a constant 28-30% and never more than that when I experience this.

the CPU usage would remain on a constant 28-30% and never more than that when I experience this.

34 minutes ago, nasdaq said:

Hi,

We know about the CPU issue.

It's considered normal on some system.

Possibly the next Windows Update will fix it.

This post will be closed in 6 day. Return if you have greater issues.

Hope the Fixlog.txt didnt reveal any critical issues with the system. And yea lets wait till the next win update, hope that resolves the task manager thingy and its not some malware trying to hide itself upon revelation.

Thanks for the help

34 minutes ago, nasdaq said:

Hi,

We know about the CPU issue.

It's considered normal on some system.

Possibly the next Windows Update will fix it.

This post will be closed in 6 day. Return if you have greater issues.

Hope the Fixlog.txt didnt reveal any critical issues with the system. And yea lets wait till the next win update, hope that resolves the task manager thingy and its not some malware trying to hide itself upon revelation.

Thanks for the help

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you