Malwarebytes 4.2.3 stops network printer

This problem seems to be as common as "dirt" and the solutions that I've seem to date are either "try this" or "try that".

I didn't purchase this product to solve Malwarebytes issues or to be a guinea pig for a new release.

The owners of this company need to get off their tails and solve this issue or roll back to a previous version until it is fixed;

turning Malwarebytes off whenever I want to use my printer is not an acceptable solution.

When my current subscription expires I shall certainly be looking at alternate products.

@jimandlee we do apologize for this issue with the Web Protection module in Malwarebytes Premium. Truth be told, it has been a bear to identify and fully resolve as we have struggled to reproduce the issue internally. We have attempted to resolve this twice now and while it has been resolved for some customers, the issue has either continued or changed slightly.

With that being said, our engineers are working on a complete solution that should be ready soon. So keep an eye out for that.

In the meantime, we have two workarounds you can utilize that do not involve turning off Malwarebytes completely:

• Disable the Web Protection module when you need to print.
  • Disable SNMP Status for the TCP port used by the printer.

If needed, expand the spoiler below for detailed instructions on the workarounds:

How to Disable Web Protection in Malwarebytes for Windows

You can disable the Web Protection module using any of the following methods:

• Right click the Malwarebytes tray icon and uncheck Web Protection
  • Open Malwarebytes and click the toggle button for Web Protection in the Real-Time Protection area of the dashboard

How to Disable SNMP Status for a TCP/IP Printer Port Monitor (Windows 7-10)
Windows supports disabling SNMP Status detection on a per TCP/IP Printer Port Monitor basis. Below are the directions you can follow to accomplish that.

1. Open Control Panel and go to Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers OR run the following: control.exe /name Microsoft.DevicesAndPrinters
  2. Right click the printer and select Printer Properties
  3. Go to the Ports tab and click Configure Port
  4. Uncheck “SNMP Status Enabled” and click Ok
  5. Click Ok to close the Printer Properties

Hello @jimandlee      

You may want to conider getting the latest Malwabtyres Beta Version 4.3
See https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/267583-malwarebytes-43-beta/?tab=comments#comment-1425198

It mentions this  (among other fixes & tweak

Fixed: Persisting conflicts with Local Area Networks that impact Printers and other Devices 

• Like 1