New Web Extensions API in Safari 14

I read that Safari 14, which will be released for Mojave, Catalina and BigSur, will be compatible with the Web Extension Api of Chrome and Firefox.  Will this cause anything to change about Malwarebytes Browser Guard for Safari 14 and the following?

I ask (again) only for this modification of extension management by Apple

Thank you

Edited by MAXBAR1
modified sentence

Greetings,

I did a bit of research which indicated many existing Chromium and Mozilla extensions will be compatible out of the box, so it's possible you could install the existing extension similar to how some users have installed it on Android and other operating systems as well as alternative browsers like SRWare Iron and Vivaldi.

Of course that changes if Apple requires that all extensions be downloaded from their app store so that might not be an option.

Either way I will submit your request to the Product team for review.

Thanks

Personally on Catalina I tested Safari Technology Preview 109 (Safari 14 in the info) and it worked correctly both in navigation, in the new Privacy Shield and the new homepage. Obviously you will have to understand about the extensions that are not yet there but I have not noticed any slowdown or problem in my usual navigation.