AdMuncher False Positive

LodeHere
Go to solution Solved by Dashke,

Hi,

suddenly AdMuncher is causing the popup with this message to appear constantly: "Website blocked due to Trojan."

-Blocked Website Details-
Malicious Website: 1
, C:\Program Files (x86)\Ad Muncher\AdMunch.exe, Blocked, -1, -1, 0.0.0

-Website Data-
Category: Trojan
Domain: ne.epicbrowser.net
IP Address: 128.199.40.116
Port: 8888
Type: Outbound
File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ad Muncher\AdMunch.exe

That is a false positive. 

I tried to add it to an allowed list in my Malwarebytes, but did not discover the way to do that. Any  advise is welcome.

PPS:

For reasons unbeknownst to me the next time shortly after posting the above the popups did not appeared any more. Maybe because I deleted the AdMucher detecton from the quarantine list? I don't know. But there is gladness it's solved. 😀

Are you still using Ad Muncher?  Founder & Developer Murray Hurps and Developer Jeffery Cole haven't updated Ad Muncher in the last 6 years. There is no longer a Ad Muncher Forum since Ad Muncher is abandonware for the last 6 years. I bought a Lifetime License about 8 years ago from Murray as many other people bought Regular and Lifetime Licenses. Looks like Murray took the money from us and ran away. :(

Thank you for your helpful replies. Sorry about starting this thread in the Mac section by mistake.

Also I bought a lifelong AdMuncher licence, in 2006. Then one day some years ago I got an email from them that they had felt guilty about making so much money on a product so necessary to people at the time, so that from now on it would be for free, and that the update list of new adds would continue as before.

That's still the message on their site. 

But regardless whether the new adds list is updated or not -which I now hear for the first time about-  I've been still using it more out of nostalgia, and seems not to hurt my surf experience on the web. But also having been using Ghostery and Adblock Plus, as well as AdGuard, I don't really need it any more. So I guess I'll remove it now.

Still don't know why those popups appeared and why the next time a few moments later when opening Chrome again they did not appear any longer. But life is full of mysteries...  

Never a dull moment. 😀