ExplorerMax by drivethelifedotcom

vohuynhminhtan

When I installed ExplorerMax on website drivethelifedotcom. It helps to bring tab-style like Chrome for Windows Explorer. I want to use it but Malwarebytes marked it as PUP (PUP.Option.DriveTheLife). I don't know exactly it's a false positive or not. Please help to check again this file contains malware or not. I really want to use this application on my machine. Thank you for your help!

ScanLog.txt ExplorerMax_1111_1.0.0.10.zip

• 10 months later...

Thanks for pointing me to the explanation why traffic to drivethelife is being blocked. I actually don't have Driver Talent installed but I do use another app from OSToto called ExplorerMax. I assume it is trying to contact the mothership to validate the licence. But it could be for more sinister reasons. As I do not want to whitelist the domain I have added it to my host file and it now goes to 127.0.0.1 and the PUP messages have stopped.