Unable to start Malwarebytes - Premium Key lost?

Hey there,

my Malwarebytes stopped working some days ago. After manually starting it yesterday and clicking on the upgrade button, it crashed and now it's noteven starting anymore. I tried to use Malwarebytes Chameleon to force a startup (yes, I know that this probably was a mistake) and now i got 2 shortcuts for Malwarebytes on my desktop screen, both not working. Since i was using Malwarebytes Premium without linking the key to any account, I fear losing my CD key right now. What do i have to do to a) save my product key and b) get Malwarebytes to work without having old files on my Computer?

Greetings and thanks for help in advance

KnoXXuS

Greetings,

I'm sorry that you are experiencing trouble but we'll do our best to help you get the software working again.  To start, I would highly recommend signing up for an account at My.Malwarebytes.com using if possible the same email address you used when you originally purchased your license key as detailed in this support article.  If you had to use a different email address or your license doesn't show up on the website then try following the instructions in this support article to try and add your key manually to the system.  Once you have an account linked to your license key you can retrieve it at any time by signing in at My.Malwarebytes.com and you can also see the device(s) where the license key is active and deactivate one or all of your installed devices to install the software elsewhere if you wish.

Now, with regard to getting the software to run normally on your system, please do the following to see if it corrects the issue:

1. Run the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Accept the EULA and click Start Repair
  3. Please be patient while the tool runs, it can sometimes take several minutes to complete
  4. Follow the onscreen instructions and restart your system if prompted to do so to complete the repair process

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks

Hello,

I created an account and used the same E-Mail. My license didn't show up, so I'd have to enter it now manually. My problem is that i never wrote it down anywhere and i can't find the mail where the code was written. So i guess I lost my Premium? Is there any way to recover it? I think i actually didn't expect that I'd have to reinstall the programm without having the chance to copy the key 😕

I'll add the other things in the next 10 min. Thank you so far!

Greetings

KnoXXuS

Glad to hear all is working now, and being that you can now open Malwarebytes, I suggest you go to Settings -> Account where you can  see your premium key and make a note of it someplace safe in case you ever need to transfer it to another system or need it to re-activate for some reason.

You can also try to manually added to your account to see if it lets you.