Spyware removal

Hi, yesterday I installed a crack for some software (not a good idea) and it installed spyware on my pc. How i knew was when i ran it nothing happened so i opened task manager and saw some suspicious programs, So i closed them through it and went to the folder where they were located. I found a folder that was just a bunch of random numbers and letters, I went inside and found a screenshot, a passwords doc (blank thankfully), a files, browser, cookies, coins (probably for bitcoin mining) folder, and most frighting and info file which listed my ip, coordinates (inaccurate but close) a list of programs, my pc's specs. But thankfully I closed it before it could get passwords and any of my files besides a blank text doc. I ran a scan with Malwarebytes and it took awhile but it eventually found it but by then I already had it in the recycle bin and was about to empty it. Now its morning of the next day and my computer looks to be fine, I want to see if I can figure out if any of that data it made was sent to hackers, and if i should do anything else (already changed passwords for a few things).

Hello, Welcome to Malwarebytes.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

Download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST).
Choose the 32 or 64 bit version for your system.
and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.
Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

How to attach a file:
In the Reply section in the bottom of the topic Select Click the Choose a File.
Navigate to the location of the File.
Click the file. It will appear in section.
Click the Saving button.

Please post the logs for my review.

Let me know what problems persists.

Wait for further instructions
====

Hi,

Your logs are clean of malware.

===

When you know that the computer will not be required for a few hours run the Sophos Virus Removal Tool

Please download Sophos Virus Removal Tool and save it to your computer's Desktop.

• Right-click the icon and select Run as administrator.
  • Click Yes to accept any security warnings that may appear.
  • Click the Next button.
  • Select 'I accept the terms in the license agreement', then click Next twice.
  • Click the Install button and wait until the installation is complete.
  • Click the Finish button. The tool created a shortcut icon on the Desktop of your computer.
  • Now, double-click the Sophos Virus Removal Tool shortcut icon to run the tool.
  • Click Yes to accept any security warnings that may appear.
  • After it updates and a "Start Scanning" button appears in the lower right:
    • Disconnect from the Internet or physically unplug your Internet cable connection.
    • Close all open programs, scheduling/updating tasks and background processes that might activate during the scan including the screensaver.
    • Temporarily disable your anti-virus and real-time anti-spyware protection.

Windows Vista and above:
C:\ProgramData\Sophos\Sophos Virus Removal Tool\Logs\SophosVirusRemovalTool.log

Please post the contents of the log in your next reply and note any errors encountered.
===

For your information.

How to Create a Strong Password (on important sites and router)
https://www.howtogeek.com/195430/how-to-create-a-strong-password-and-remember-it/

• 4 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks