Site security designation.

Alpharius

I have a suggestion for improving the extension.

Add site security designation, like green icon if site safe or red if site is dangerous near site adress in google and other search engines, so that you can immediately determine which sites you can visit and which is better not.

This will help inexperienced users not to go to dangerous sites.

There is a similar system in Avast online security, I propose to make a consimilar one, since I consider it quite convenient.

Greetings,

Not that I am necessarily against the idea in concept, however if a site is dangerous enough to warrant warning the user about then the extension should block the site so they wouldn't be able to visit it anyway even if they clicked on it.  Besides that, unlike some browser extensions that use opinions and ratings to determine which sites to block (which is often where such ratings extensions get their info/ratings from), most of the sites that Malwarebytes blocks come from Research and are either blocked for hosting malicious content or because they are on malware-friendly networks/hosting providers (aside from the ad and tracking servers that are blocked by those lists of course, though obviously ads and trackers wouldn't be flagged as dangerous anyway).

14 minutes ago, exile360 said:

Greetings,

Not that I am necessarily against the idea in concept, however if a site is dangerous enough to warrant warning the user about then the extension should block the site so they wouldn't be able to visit it anyway even if they clicked on it.  Besides that, unlike some browser extensions that use opinions and ratings to determine which sites to block (which is often where such ratings extensions get their info/ratings from), most of the sites that Malwarebytes blocks come from Research and are either blocked for hosting malicious content or because they are on malware-friendly networks/hosting providers (aside from the ad and tracking servers that are blocked by those lists of course, though obviously ads and trackers wouldn't be flagged as dangerous anyway).

I just suggest make the designation of site security firstly, as it helps me personally to quickly find safe sites that are trustworthy.as well as reduce the likelihood of becoming infected with viruses, as Malwarebytes Browser Guard not an absolute defense.

Is it hard to implement ?

Honestly, I have no idea if it would be hard to implement as I'm not a Developer, however if a site is unsafe and Malwarebytes is aware of it, then Malwarebytes Browser Guard would block it which would prevent the site from infecting you anyway which is basically my point.  There's no need for a preemptive warning if the site is going to be blocked if you try to access it since a blocked site can't access your system to try and infect it anyway.

Edited by exile360