VPN Help

Niall545

Hey,

I am currently using Malwarebytes for my computer and my android phone for protection against malware. 

I came across another app called Dashlane which can store passwords, check password strength but what I want to ask about is their "VPN For Wifi Protection"(

https://www.dashlane.com/features/vpn

). 

Whether using WIFI or phone data, I want to know I can browse the internet on my phone/tablet/PC securely and know that my activity is not being tracked. 

If possible, can someone who understands Malwarebytes check this app out and see if it's worth investing in for the VPN protection. I don't want to pay for an extra app if Malwarebytes already includes it or can include it if I pay a little extra. 

Thank you in advance! 

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Removed live hyperlink

You can  only go by what the VPN provider says so, but there are instances of VPN's breach of trust. 

On this check -

Does a VPN Really Protect My Privacy?

"https://www.pcwrt.com/2018/08/does-a-vpn-really-protect-my-privacy/"

In conclusion, while a VPN may help you to hide your activities from the ISP, bypass any IP address based restrictions, and possibly enhance security when you are connected to public WiFi, in general it does not necessarily provide a more secure connection. Nor does it make you completely anonymous.

Can VPNs Really Be Trusted?

"https://www.tripwire.com/state-of-security/security-data-protection/cyber-security/can-vpns-really-be-trusted/"

Greetings,

Specifically with regards to Malwarebytes, it does not provide any VPN functionality at this time.  The only protection of that type that it provides is the Web Protection component which blocks known malicious websites.

Additionally Malwarebytes also now offers a free browser extension for both Chrome (and other Chromium based browsers like SRWare Iron, Vivaldi and Microsoft's new Chromium based Edge browser) and Mozilla Firefox call Malwarebytes Browser Guard which, in addition to blocking malicious sites, also blocks many ads, trackers, clickbait sites and many more types of undesirable online sites.  It also includes new behavior based blocking for detecting and blocking many types of sites such as tech support scams and phishing sites, even if they are new/unknown at the time and are not included in the block database/definitions making it very proactive.

You can learn more and download it here.

I hope this helps and if there is anything else we might assist you with please let us know.

Thanks