reboot required

davidfreeland

1 hour ago, davidfreeland said:

got a reboot required notice on the botton right side of screen and i reboot and it keeps coming back after 4 times of rebooting. how do i get it to stop?

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  3. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  4. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  5. You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"
  6. Click the Advanced tab on the left column
    0. UI.png
  7. Click the Gather Logs button
    17. Advanced.png
  8. A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer
    19. System Repair Progress.png
  9. Upon completion, click a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK
  10. Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:
     notify me.jpeg  

Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:

Hide contents

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

2 hours ago, davidfreeland said:

and pcpitstop has never bothered malware before

I do not know if it is relevant in your case, however we did have at least one user within the last couple of weeks posting about an issue where Malwarebytes wasn't working and it turned out that PCPitstop was blocking it as I recall, and once it was removed Malwarebytes started working fine.  I believe it even showed entries about it being blocked in the program's logs so that might be worth checking if possible.

3 hours ago, davidfreeland said:

and pcpitstop has never bothered malware before

From your log. Pcpitstop probably has a self-protection function for its files.

Quarantine Information
==================================
2019-09-21T13:46:43Z | i:\Program Files (x86)\PCPitstop\Super Shield\SuperShieldHookCpy32.dll [file | Malware.Exploit.Agent.Generic]
2019-09-21T13:46:44Z | i:\Program Files (x86)\PCPitstop\Super Shield\SuperShieldHookCpy32.dll [file | Malware.Exploit.Agent.Generic]
2019-09-21T13:46:45Z | i:\Program Files (x86)\PCPitstop\Super Shield\SuperShieldHookCpy32.dll [file | Malware.Exploit.Agent.Generic]