Lifetime license not activating for me

Exact same thing happened to me (as it did a few years ago when they released a non-tested software upgrade) - appears to be nothing can be done until MB return from the long weekend and start replying - not the best time to release a new version either...Claims that I have too many installations (never an issue previously) and remove 1 of 2, which I did on Friday but even though they're only showing 1 active installation today, refuses to accept my ID & Key.   

34 minutes ago, AmericaninBritain said:

appears to be nothing can be done until MB return from the long weekend and start replying - not the best time to release a new version either

I was chatting via email with the person taking care of my support ticket yesterday (Sunday) and my Lifetime issue was solved. I'm not defending anyone, but my ticket was solved early Sunday working together. So it appears some do work the weekend. :)

1 hour ago, AmericaninBritain said:

Claims that I have too many installations (never an issue previously) and remove 1 of 2, which I did on Friday but even though they're only showing 1 active installation today, refuses to accept my ID & Key.   

Lifetime licenses are good for only ONE computer. Deactivate all computers and only activate on ONE.

1 hour ago, AmericaninBritain said:

(as it did a few years ago when they released a non-tested software upgrade)

What was done was release an update that enforces the ONE computer per licensce terms it originally had.

Edited by Porthos

Hello, please read all the other users with exactly the same complaint - all due to the recent release.  All of us had Lifetime Premium for 3 devices, but even if you're correct about 1 device, please note that I already removed an inactive device but MB still rejects my one device License Key & ID - another fine mess by MB (this has happened with previous "new & improved" versions)

Are you with MB?  Please ask someone in their management team to search this Forum for "Lifetime Llicense" and they'll see the numerous identical problems all since the "upgrade"  You keep mentioning number of licenses, that's a moot point, could someone from MB please find a fix for all of us whose Lifetime License (even for one device) have been deactivated?  A sceptic might think that this has been done intentionally to raise revenue, as it's happened before with previous "bad" releases...

1 minute ago, AmericaninBritain said:

Are you with MB? 

No, But I am and have been a authorized reseller since 2009.

2 minutes ago, AmericaninBritain said:

find a fix for all of us whose Lifetime License (even for one device) have been deactivated?

Go to your my malwarebytes account and deactivate all and wait a few minutes then activate only one computer and you will be "fixed".

As I clearly stated in my original post that is exactly what I did on Friday but MB still claiming "too many devices" today even though just this PC is registered, it needs a MB fix!   And I'll repeat in case you didn't read that bit either, this issue has happened before when they released a new version - not the first time it's happened (most recently Oct 2017)

I suspect the issue is those of us who have used MB for a few years have "My license came with a license ID" but MB programmers haven't taken that into consideration with the new release.  And mine is still dead in the water as of a few minutes ago even after following all the suggestions.

And here was the 2017 issue (MB changed the formatting of keys) "

I have had a Premium (paid) lifetime subscription for multiple devices for the past couple of years but today my Sony Experia phone with Android version of MWB updated itself to Mobile 3.0 and now wants a license key in the format of 5-5-4...characters but my existing license key is 4-4-4-4 characters and isn’t recognized by the Mobile 3.0.

I didn’t have this problem until updating to the new version.  And do not have this problem with my PC version 3.2.2.2029

Why doesn’t my existing license key carryover to the new version?"

2 hours ago, AmericaninBritain said:

and remove 1 of 2, which I did on Friday but even though they're only showing 1 active installation today, refuses to accept my ID & Key.   

When/after you decativate all, Wait a few minutes for it to register and refresh the my account page and it should show the below.

2019-07-08_10h27_28.png

5 minutes ago, AmericaninBritain said:

I have had a Premium (paid) lifetime subscription for multiple devices for the past couple of years but today my Sony Experia phone with Android version of MWB updated itself to Mobile 3.0 and now wants a license key in the format of 5-5-4...characters but my existing license key is 4-4-4-4 characters and isn’t recognized by the Mobile 3.0.

Life time keys even if bought several are Windows only. and not valid for any other Malwarebytes product.

t-dub, thank you so much, that worked, the first useful posting which wasn't arguing about Licence T&Cs.  Wouldn't it be nice if someone from MB Santa Clara monitored their own Forum and quickly realized there was a major problem and post something on their Twitter account, on the Forum, on their main page, etc rather than sneakily trying to "catch out" Licensees.  One can only hope but I suspect it will take days or weeks if they ever get around to responding...

47 minutes ago, AmericaninBritain said:

All of us had Lifetime Premium for 3 devices .....

That is part of what was said.  That is the only reason the discussion about lifetime licenses went on

Further, the Subject line on this Topic mentions "Lifetime License".

Edited by Maurice Naggar