Sphinx Software Windows Firewall Control

exile360

• 3 weeks later...

Something going on now ....

For more than 24hrs/ MBAM telling me blocking trojan as their products (Windows 10 Firewall) tries to connect to sphinx-soft.com, supposedly at ip 198.38.82.127

A DNS lookup on sphinx-soft.com now returns 127.42.x.x  (a local non-Internet address) -  The 198.38.82.127 is a shared hosting provider in California (mochahost) - so, would it be a logical conclusion that the website was hacked and someone has changed DNS to stop all installations from going to the site?

I'm not sure what the issue is, but the site still seems to be working fine on my end.  I just tested visiting the page and downloading the installer and it all went as expected.  I did an MX Toolbox check on their site and while there are some issues, it doesn't seem to indicate that the site's been compromised as far as I can tell (though I'm no expert by any means).  You can see the report for yourself here.