Can't add exclusions

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Root Admin

Based on the Event Logs for your computer it really looks like it's having quite a few issues. Seems very likely why our program is possibly having issues too.

System errors:
=============
Error: (06/17/2019 07:35:21 AM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-WindowsUpdateClient) (EventID: 20) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070005: 9NBLGGH4NNS1-Microsoft.DesktopAppInstaller.

Error: (06/17/2019 07:35:13 AM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-WindowsUpdateClient) (EventID: 20) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070005: 9NBLGGH4RV3K-Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00.UWPDesktop.

Error: (06/17/2019 07:34:29 AM) (Source: DCOM) (EventID: 10016) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52}
 and APPID
{4839DDB7-58C2-48F5-8283-E1D1807D0D7D}
 to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Error: (06/17/2019 07:34:29 AM) (Source: DCOM) (EventID: 10016) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52}
 and APPID
{4839DDB7-58C2-48F5-8283-E1D1807D0D7D}
 to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Error: (06/17/2019 07:33:48 AM) (Source: DCOM) (EventID: 10005) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service dps with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server:
{DDCFD26B-FEED-44CD-B71D-79487D2E5E5A}

Error: (06/17/2019 07:33:48 AM) (Source: DCOM) (EventID: 10005) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service dps with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server:
{DDCFD26B-FEED-44CD-B71D-79487D2E5E5A}

Error: (06/17/2019 07:33:48 AM) (Source: DCOM) (EventID: 10005) (User: EDS_XEON)
Description: DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service ShellHWDetection with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server:
{DD522ACC-F821-461A-A407-50B198B896DC}

Error: (06/17/2019 07:32:53 AM) (Source: DCOM) (EventID: 10005) (User: EDS_XEON)
Description: DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server:
{9E175B6D-F52A-11D8-B9A5-505054503030}

Windows Defender is also having issues running properly according to the logs.

Please try using our Clean Removal process again. But this time don't reinstall Malwarebytes just yet. Once removed, restart the computer 3 times with a 10 minute wait period between reboots.

Then run FRST again and post back both new logs again and we'll see if any of those OS issues are still there or not.

Thanks again

Ron

• Root Admin

Can you please temporarily remove the following as well @espilman

AvastAntiTrackPremium

I would like to explore some possible fixes. I see you have Acronis True Image, is it possible for you to do a Full backup just in case we end up breaking something you can then fully restore it to how it is right now.

Edited by AdvancedSetup
updated information

Ron, sorry for the long delay in getting back with you.  I was out of town and away from my main computer, this one.  OK, I have cloned my hard drive so if there were to be a problem I have a copy of everything.  What would you like me to do next?

• Root Admin

Great,

Let me have you run the following please.

Create an Autoruns Log:

• Please download Sysinternals Autoruns from here.
  • Save Autoruns.exe to your desktop and double-click it to run it.
  • Once it starts, please press the Esc key on your keyboard.
  • Now that scanning is stopped, click on the Options button at the top of the program and select Verify Code Signatures
  • Once that's done press the F5 key on your keyboard, this will start the scan again, this time let it finish.
  • When it's finished, please click on the File button at the top of the program and select Save and save the Autoruns.arn file to your desktop and close Autoruns.
  • Right click on the Autoruns.arn file on your desktop and hover your mouse over Send To and select Compressed (zipped) Folder
  • Attach the Autoruns.zip folder you just created to your next reply

• Root Admin

Thank you for the file. Nothing obvious there either.

Please download the following program from Microsoft. Once you've downloaded it then close all your browsers and double-click on the file wu10.diagcab to run it.

Windows Update Troubleshooter
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027322/windows-update-troubleshooter

Then click the Advanced link and click to run as Administrator

Let me know what it finds and what it does

Ron

OK, I ran the program, it said there were some updates and a few errors.  I elected to update and have the program fix the problems.  However, I still can not add exclusions.  Any other ideas?  Once more, thanks for sticking with me and trying to fix my problem.

• Root Admin

Hi Espilman

No, as long as the user is helpful and respectful and not rude I'm more than willing to continue helping out.

Do you have the Additions.txt log file from the new run? If not please run FRST again and make sure to check to get an Additions.txt log

Thanks

• Root Admin

I'm still seeing AvastAntiTrackPremium in the logs. Can you uninstall that? Is it giving you trouble removing it?

Are you sure that's an updated log? I'm also seeing Bonjour in the log still

Can you reboot and the delete your current FRST and Addition logs and get new fresh ones to attach.

Thank you

• Root Admin

Can you open Malwarebytes, then go to Settings, then click on the "Install Applications Updates" - it should update to version 3.8.3

Then restart the computer and try to add exclusions again. Please take some screenshots to show me any errors or what exactly happens

Thanks