Beta / Release Version

Popeye

I know as of now there isn't a beta version for Mac. When one comes out if you what beta , check the "Beta Application Updates" in the General Settings. When running beta and you what to revert back to the release version, what is the procedure? is it:

Just uncheck the "Beta Application Updates" box? (reboot)

Do a uninstall / reinstall of Malwarebytes Premium to release version?

• Staff

Hi @Popeye,

Yes, there is no beta version available for now.

To install a stable/release version user needs to uninstall the beta by clicking on Malwarebytes help menu > uninstall Malwarebytes  (Reboot recommended)

image.thumb.png.9efc3c985674737fe703453c51540202.png

the permalink for stable/release installer file is > https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb3-mac

Edited by adas

• Staff

Also, just to add, you can also just install a more recent update on top of the beta, without the need to uninstall. That is the normal upgrade path from the beta once a production-ready version is released. You'd only need to uninstall first if you had a problem with the beta and wanted to downgrade to the previous release version.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2019 at 9:17 AM, treed said:

Also, just to add, you can also just install a more recent update on top of the beta, without the need to uninstall. That is the normal upgrade path from the beta once a production-ready version is released. You'd only need to uninstall first if you had a problem with the beta and wanted to downgrade to the previous release version.

I installed the beta and wanted to revert back to the release version. I uninstalled the beta and rebooted and installed the program again. It installed the beta again. Can't get back to the release version. Also I noticed when I did a few uninstalls of the release version last week to see how it works, no files were left behind. Now after I uninstalled the beta version I have files left behind after the uninstall. Plist under Developer found by Spotlight search.

Screen Shot 2019-02-22 at 3.47.26 PM.png

• Staff

Did you download and install the current release installer? If so, what are you seeing that indicates that you're using the beta? Be aware that we have released 3.7 officially now, so if it's just that you're still on a 3.7 release, that's because it's no longer a beta.

If it actually says it's a beta in the About window, that will be another story.

• Staff

Without more information, I'm guessing that some of those are probably cache files, and the others appear to be from the older Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.

If you're still seeing the Malwarebytes app in the Applications folder, though, I can't explain that. It should be removed.