Accidentally Typed in "Goggle" and Malwarebytes didn't catch it.

It was roughly 2 in the morning last night and I was dead tired when I accidentally pulled off the legendary typo of "Goggle" instead of "Google" in the search. You know, the extremely bad one that's been known to flood the system with tons of bad things. I've done it one time before last year, and Malwarebytes quickly shut it down with RTP, and I did the necessary precautions just to make sure nothing got through.

To my surprise though, it actually was let through completely fine this time, and the site was loaded in fully before I could cut it off. I checked Virustotal soon after thinking that somehow my RTP didn't function when I went to the site, but to my surprise a lot of antivirus and such are somehow letting this through. Apparently from what I've heard Google bought the domain and now it's "legitimate" even though the site still redirects to that weird food one that I don't trust in the slightest.

Luckily I was on a clean install of Firefox with uBlock when this happened, so there should be no way they could've got any personal info and such since there was none in-browser. I'm not seeing any strange plugins, add-ons, or options when it comes to my sync, either. I've already done another clean install as well just to make sure there's nothing that got through if it wasn't through the sync. I've also done several scans with Malwarebytes just to make sure as well, and they aren't picking anything up either. Still, I don't feel safe because of what I know about that typo. I just want to get a second confirmation that I know I'm safe.

Also can we please just put Goggle on the perma list when it comes to RTP? It just kind of makes sense at this point...

Here's the Malwarebytes and FRST logs:

GoggleLog.txt

FRST.txt

Addition.txt

I'll reply with ADWcleaner and SophosAV logs once they're completed as well.

Hello  and
:welcome:

Please take your time.

Not seeing any infections, just some leftover cleaning needed.

I have attached A file I need you to download and save it to the same place that you saved the FRST program

This fix will include removing temp files and emptying the Recycle Bin.

Download attached **fixlist.txt** and save it to same location where the FRST tool is located.

NOTE: Both FRST.exe and the fixlist.txt must be in the same location or the fix will not work.
Close all browsers before running.

Double click FRST to run the tool. If the tool warns you the version is outdated, please download and run the updated version.
 •Click the **Fix Button**.

•If you receive a message that a reboot is required, please make sure you allow it to restart normally.

•The tool will complete its run after restart.

When finished, the tool will make a log (Fixlog.txt) in the same location from where it was run. Please attach the Fixlog.txt in your reply.

Restart the pc and let me know how it's running now.

fixlist.txt

• 4 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks